Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Even More Delay On My New Car Order :-(

The 250 sel auto I ordered in february, which was supposed to be here in late may / early june, is now not expected until late JULY!

I had a call from my dealer yesterday with the bad news.....at this rate i may as well wait until October for 56 plate :excl:

I am only being this patient because I am hoping that any earlier niggles such as rattly dashboards and duff seatbelts etc are being sorted on the line for these later build cars. Good job I got a written promise of trade in value for my old motor, as it will then be 6 months older like me :duh:

The 250 sel auto I ordered in february, which was supposed to be here in late may / early june, is now not expected until late JULY!

I had a call from my dealer yesterday with the bad news.....at this rate i may as well wait until October for 56 plate :excl:

I am only being this patient because I am hoping that any earlier niggles such as rattly dashboards and duff seatbelts etc are being sorted on the line for these later build cars. Good job I got a written promise of trade in value for my old motor, as it will then be 6 months older like me :duh:

This is getting weird how its getting pushed back further and further, is demand really that high, or is it because they're being silly with production spec - as in why are there so many ex-demo SE-Ls that don't have MM? I can't see many people ordering that combination.......

Btw, isn't the next plate change 1st September? In which case the wait would be less than you think... ;)

Hey, i know exactly how you feel.

I too got a call from the dealer yesterday, saying delivery wont be until July for my SE 250, which i had also ordered in Feb.

I guess hopefully like you said, they should have the problems of rattling sorted by then, but only time will tell !!!

Another thing, a little off topic but has anyone heard any more on the IS 250 Sport Automatic, coz back in november they told me it will be an option, then in Jan said it definitely wont and i remember someone saying that they may actually consider it !!!

If anyone has any other info regarding this, it would be really helpfull

Thanks

I too got a call from the dealer yesterday, saying delivery wont be until July for my SE 250, which i had also ordered in Feb.

I guess hopefully like you said, they should have the problems of rattling sorted by then, but only time will tell !!!

Another thing, a little off topic but has anyone heard any more on the IS 250 Sport Automatic, coz back in november they told me it will be an option, then in Jan said it definitely wont and i remember someone saying that they may actually consider it !!!

Thanks

I've spoken to Lexus GB and E-mailed my 10 closest dealers, none said there was going to be an IS250 Sport auto option.

Yes. Demand really is this strong. If you want an IS now, there are new cars available including SE-Ls with MM. But if you want a specific spec, then you're going to have to wait. That's the bad news.

The good news is that quality, which was already good, is getting better with every new car they deliver. There have been a variety of ongoing fixes to cure minor quality issues such as wind noise, dashboard squeaks, multimedia system glitches, seatbelt action and general fit and finish as factory workers get used to putting together a brand new model.

My belief is that you should never buy a new model in the first year of production. That said a brand new Lexus is probably better in its first year of production as some brands are in their last.

The good news is that quality, which was already good, is getting better with every new car they deliver. There have been a variety of ongoing fixes to cure minor quality issues such as wind noise, dashboard squeaks, multimedia system glitches, seatbelt action and general fit and finish as factory workers get used to putting together a brand new model.

My belief is that you should never buy a new model in the first year of production. That said a brand new Lexus is probably better in its first year of production as some brands are in their last.

Mmmm, got mine in late December, had a bit of wind noise which was sorted eventually by adjusting the doors ever so slightly...in fact to pull them in perfect alignment with the adacent panels. If that's a reason for not buying in it's first year of production I'd say you were being over cautious. :)

Thanks

I've spoken to Lexus GB and E-mailed my 10 closest dealers, none said there was going to be an IS250 Sport auto option.

Here is a link to the Lexus Ireland webite and the list of IS models with prices here. Look at the last model and then make some calls to Ireland. (Remember for export you don't pay our 30% Vehicle Registration Tax and 21% VAT only pay your 17.5% VAT).

I think that would put an Auto Sport at about ST£28,800 including VAT. Don't know how much your registration is but I know it's quite cheap.

Lexus Ireland IS models and prices

Just seen this thread...

I was told that some models ordered now won't arrive until September...

So is it high demand...or low supply?

What I can still say smilingly is that it's worth the wait! Don't give up eunos800 - you really will be pleased, and I really do believe that any niggles will be flattened...

Mine runs like a dream now!! Even the town economy is getting better - I've got 29mpg purely town driving....

I ordered a is220d se with mm a week ago and was told end of sept, then got a call from my dealer one in the spec i wanted was going to lexus gb now its not hee hee. Only 2 weeks to wait!!! :P

If anyone is looking for a diesel with MM, Leicester have a few in the actual showroom (SE and SE-l), including a glorious Mesa Red Sport diesel...with MM! Beige Escaine interior...really looks the bizz!

I ordered a is220d se with mm a week ago and was told end of sept, then got a call from my dealer one in the spec i wanted was going to lexus gb now its not hee hee. Only 2 weeks to wait!!! :P

If anyone is looking for a diesel with MM, Leicester have a few in the actual showroom (SE and SE-l), including a glorious Mesa Red Sport diesel...with MM! Beige Escaine interior...really looks the bizz!

Hey Jamboo I was in Lexus Leicester yesterday and saw the Mesa Red car and it did indeed look fantastic. I was also told that cars were being supplied to satisfy American demand as that is the biggest market for Lexus and as a result cars destined for the UK were taking longer to get here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links