Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Self-destructing Honda 1100

Mr Morse

Heading out of Nottingham on the A52 this afternoon in the Tubby, roof off and sun on my face giving a treat to a Cameroonian guy who'd never ridden in a hot car before.

We pull up at a red light by the Beeston junction in the middle lane....when a big grey and red Honda 1100 pulls up in the outer lane. The pilot (wearing a mirrored visor) looks up and down the car and gives me a nod :blink: Now...I don't know a whole load about bikes, but I figure an 1100 is gonna whop my butt pretty damn good. :o

WTF I thought, let's give him a run for his money at least! :winky:

Light turn green.....and he's off light greased lightening away into the distance. I catch him up at another red light at the Bramcote island and this time it's me in the outside lane, Mr Honda in the middle. :duh:

Green...and we're off again....but not so quick this time due to the traffic. Mr Honda weaves in and out of a few cars, which then pullover, easing my passage.

I'm right behind him now by 50m, when all of a sudden a large piece of something detaches from his bike heading right towards me, then another piece. I swerved and avoided any impact but then a 3rd piece comes flying off, just catching my lower offside bumper! :tomato:

At the Bardills roundabout I pull up alongside him again......and see that most of the offside part of his fairing has just disintegrated! We were both there looking for a few seconds before he takes off again, like nothing has happened! :whistling:

Fortunately not a scratch to my car! :D

hmm street racing eh....

Not at all...I don't believe my post mentions breaking speed limits or other illegal activities, other than potential DWCFORU by the biker :whistling:

FOR SALE

HONDA 1100 MOTORCYCLE TAXED MOT'D GOOD CONDITION AND VERY FAST BUT NOT AERODYNAMIC ANY MORE!

BUYER COLLECTS BIKE FROM DERBY.

BUYER COLLECTS FAIRING FROM NOTTINGHAM!!!!

OH MATRON!!!

Heading out of Nottingham on the A52 this afternoon in the Tubby, roof off and sun on my face giving a treat to a Cameroonian guy who'd never ridden in a hot car before.

We pull up at a red light by the Beeston junction in the middle lane....when a big grey and red Honda 1100 pulls up in the outer lane. The pilot (wearing a mirrored visor) looks up and down the car and gives me a nod :blink: Now...I don't know a whole load about bikes, but I figure an 1100 is gonna whop my butt pretty damn good. :o

WTF I thought, let's give him a run for his money at least! :winky:

Light turn green.....and he's off light greased lightening away into the distance. I catch him up at another red light at the Bramcote island and this time it's me in the outside lane, Mr Honda in the middle. :duh:

Green...and we're off again....but not so quick this time due to the traffic. Mr Honda weaves in and out of a few cars, which then pullover, easing my passage.

I'm right behind him now by 50m, when all of a sudden a large piece of something detaches from his bike heading right towards me, then another piece. I swerved and avoided any impact but then a 3rd piece comes flying off, just catching my lower offside bumper! :tomato:

At the Bardills roundabout I pull up alongside him again......and see that most of the offside part of his fairing has just disintegrated! We were both there looking for a few seconds before he takes off again, like nothing has happened! :whistling:

Fortunately not a scratch to my car! :D

he merely jetisoned some ballast to increase his chances. :D

Pretty sure i saw Mr Morse's MR2 couple weekends back around Donnigton race track :whistling:

I've raced bikes, been left standing by them on traffic lights as your would imagine, but with MKs roundabouts theres no getting away that easily ;)

Now...I don't know a whole load about bikes, but I figure an 1100 is gonna whop my butt pretty damn good.

That's unlikely mate in a turbo MR2(especially your tricked up one) as It sounds like it was probably an ST1100 Pan-european which would only do about 135 anyway, although would whupp you on acceleration of course. sounds like a cr*p one too if it fell to bits (Honda is regarded as the best bike manufacturer when it comes to build quality).

Had it been an 1100 blackbird honda it would have wiped with the floor with your car had he been trying.

(0-100 in about 6 seconds, 180MPH top speed.) :ohmy:

I've raced bikes, been left standing by them on traffic lights as your would imagine, but with MKs roundabouts theres no getting away that easily

Unless you leave Milton Keynes of course, then it's bye-bye Mr.car driver.

It's so hard to ride a superbike to its full potential on the road and when cars try and race me when i'm on my bike I have to back off so I don't get up to silly speeds.Also most of us superbike-riders are very wary of unmarked performance cars trying to race us. In 6 years no car has ever kept up with me when I am "on it" on my bike, this includes Ferarri's/ Porsches/ TVR's etc. I have never been to MK on my bike though (think i'll take the car if I go there). In the wet and snow though, cars definitely rule.

4 of my friends have bikes.

Suzuki GSX R (600)

Yamaha R6 (600)

Honda CBR RR (600)

Ducati 999 (1000)

Went on the back of the GSX R last weekend and 145mph later i wanted one - serious fun for around £3.5k including buying leathers and passing the Direct Access course to get the license.

The GSX R and R6 were out together the other day and a brand new Porsche 911 Turbo tried to have a go. The GSX R cost £3.5k and the R6 was £2.8k - they wiped the floor with him and he was trying.

Bikes are a different gravy altogether.

I love having fun against sports cars... they think they are quick 'till I show them :winky: - think I'll get "BYE!" painted on the back of my jacket :lol::lol::lol:

Mind you, a little wave is sufficient :D

I was on a bike tour over the Easter weekend and we were making progress to say the least :D My mate had a new rear tyre on 2 days before we went, 1,000 miles later and it's ready for the bin. I managed a bit better and got about 1,500 out of mine.

That said we had started to distress the tyres with rubber moving to the outer edge

Bikes are a lot quicker than cars but are a lot harder to ride fast compared to cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links