Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Everybody,

Giving my 94 Celsior a good valet today and found this located under the glovebox area passenger side footwell on the far left side.

Plastic hollow black tube about 3" long and 1" in diameter no electrical connections.

Very curious any ideas?

As it's an import though the passenger may carry a riot stick and this is where it goes for storage.

Well maybe not!

here's the piccy.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...steryobject.jpg

Steve

Chopsticks holder - for all those noodle dishes eaten on the move!!!

Thanks everybody,

I've now had a slight problem with the car.

The flare has gone off unexpectedly and in my panic I accidentally hit the red button on the dash marked DO NOT PRESS in Japanese ( this has only been translated after the event)

The unfortunate consequence of this action is shown in the picture link below.

OOOOOPS!!!!

Don't worry I am alright!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...EXUSEJECTOR.jpg

its a flare holder

cars in japan have to carry a flare

In case you drive off a pier and the car floats out to sea or to summon the AA where there's no mobile coverage like erm in a tunnel?

Every car in Japan must carry a flare in the car which can be easily reached in the passenger footwell. There is no parking anywhere on Japan's roads, which are pretty narrow especially out of town, and you are obliged to light a flare and put it in the road 25 metres behind your car if it has broken down, or if you have been involved in an accident. They burn with a bright red flame for around twenty minutes or so. They are dated with a "replace by date", and where necessary they are replaced as part of the "sha-ken" - the major Japanese MOT.

The emergency flare, unlike those for marine use, are not fired into the sky which is dangerous on land as the flare has to come down somewhere. They simply burn with a bright red/orange flame and are placed on the road surface some distance behind a broken down vehicle

Every car in Japan must carry a flare in the car which can be easily reached in the passenger footwell. There is no parking anywhere on Japan's roads, which are pretty narrow especially out of town, and you are obliged to light a flare and put it in the road 25 metres behind your car if it has broken down, or if you have been involved in an accident. They burn with a bright red flame for around twenty minutes or so. They are dated with a "replace by date", and where necessary they are replaced as part of the "sha-ken" - the major Japanese MOT.

The emergency flare, unlike those for marine use, are not fired into the sky which is dangerous on land as the flare has to come down somewhere. They simply burn with a bright red/orange flame and are placed on the road surface some distance behind a broken down vehicle

Well THAT'D shut up anyone trying Road-Rage on you! Just get out with your FLARE! (Drop it thru' the sunroof and drive off fast!) :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links