Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shock Absorbers

is200_uk_2006

Hi,

This is my first post so a big hello to everyone on here.

Hopefully i have found my new home on the net now with this forum :)

I have a slight problem with my IS200 X Reg.

One of the rear shock absorbers needs replacing, at high speeds the car is unsteady and im sure its the rear left shock absorber which needs to go.

I will be replacing these in pairs but where can i get replacement ones from? I have had a quote for a copy part which is £55 each but i'd rather not use a copy part.

Anyone got any ideas what i should replace it with and where i should get it from?

My car is totally standard and has the 17inch alloys.

Hi and welcome to LOC.

It would be worthwhile having the geometry checked out first at Drury Lane they are in Oldham IIRC. Just to be sure it is not an alignment issue.

Would have thought that a knackered shock would show up at other speeds as well.

When i got my IS i didn't notice that the rear shock was dead until i had 5 people in it then the back was end was just nasty...don't know at what stage mine was tho'

"It would be worthwhile having the geometry checked out first at Drury Lane they are in Oldham IIRC. Just to be sure it is not an alignment issue."

Can these people sort your car if its been lowered? Whats involved? is all they do track and camber?

When i got my IS i didn't notice that the rear shock was dead until i had 5 people in it then the back was end was just nasty...don't know at what stage mine was tho'

"It would be worthwhile having the geometry checked out first at Drury Lane they are in Oldham IIRC. Just to be sure it is not an alignment issue."

Can these people sort your car if its been lowered? Whats involved? is all they do track and camber?

The Geometry is a full one not just Alignment.... and they are well aware of the problems associated with the Camber on the IS... you must mention you are from LOC....

If you want to know the complexities involved with Geometry click my banner below and read for yourself.

The Geometry is a full one not just Alignment.... and they are well aware of the problems associated with the Camber on the IS... you must mention you are from LOC....

If you want to know the complexities involved with Geometry click my banner below and read for yourself.

Oldham is a bit of a treck for me...Anybody know a good trusted Geo centre in Anglia area? Cambridge/Essex/North London?

Oldham is a bit of a treck for me...Anybody know a good trusted Geo centre in Anglia area? Cambridge/Essex/North London?

You want to see the main man Mr Tony Bones (Wheels in Motion) at STS in Watford :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links