Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Led Indicator Bulbs

I have replaced all my standard bulbs on my Mk1 GS with LED's.

Just need to fit resistors to allow 'bulb out' warning light on dash to go off but not sure how to fit them.

Common sense tells me that it should go across the wiring, ie green wire and white wire (not sure which is feed and which is ground)

Can anyone help me out here?

Just need to fit resistors to allow 'bulb out' warning light on dash to go off but not sure how to fit them.

Common sense tells me that it should go across the wiring, ie green wire and white wire (not sure which is feed and which is ground)

Using a Scotchlock simply connect across live and earth.

I cant remember the rules for resistors whether they work in parallel and series the same but when i changed lamps to leds i always ran the resistor from the cathode -ve (i think) side

Mike

Was I right in assuming that the resistor goes across the two wires to the bulb holder as I am not sure which is live and which is earth.

Is there a corresponding + and - on the resistor as the ones I have have no markings.

Cheers

I cant remember the rules for resistors whether they work in parallel and series the same but when i changed lamps to leds i always ran the resistor from the cathode -ve (i think) side

Austin

You have a PM from me.

Mike

Was I right in assuming that the resistor goes across the two wires to the bulb holder as I am not sure which is live and which is earth.

Is there a corresponding + and - on the resistor as the ones I have have no markings.

Cheers

Doesn't make any difference which way it goes on......it's just a resistor and does not have polarity.

Fitted all my LED lamps and got the indicator flsh rate to slow, all bulbs are working ok.

All I have left to deal with is the dash warning lights (rear brake bulb failure and standard driving bulb failure) for bulb faults.

I presume I have to fit further resitors but to which bulbs.

Can anyone who has fitted LEDs offer any advice?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links