Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air Con

blimft

HI guys

i recently bought my IS200 from a local respected dealer (independent) and it apparently had a full service and 127 point check before release (as all their cars do...ehem)

Anyway, my air con doesnt seem right, as in...no chilled air.

I called them to check this and the guy said the air con only works on recirculating setting and fan setting one.

I smell a rat here, can anyone corroborate this? I had a Honda a while back and that was like sitting in your fridge.

i tried what he said, but the air was just cool...as outside

cheers for the help (in advance)

Not right.

It should work by just setting on "Auto" both dials and turning the temp down it will be more efficient on recirc if the outside temp is high. It also senses the internal air temp as well so it won't blow out real cold if the cabin temp is low.

Not right.

It should work by just setting on "Auto" both dials and turning the temp down it will be more efficient on recirc if the outside temp is high. It also senses the internal air temp as well so it won't blow out real cold if the cabin temp is low.

thats what i figured... thanks for that Mac

if the air con is that bad may just be down to the filter no need to go to approved dealer and spend a fortune getting it checked replacing the filter is something you can do yourself (Providing it is only the filter) i've had my IS200 for 3 weeks and love the air con something im not used to coming from a Fiat Punto 1.2

IF THEY SAID THEY DO 127P CHECK GET THEM TO COUGH UP FOR IT

Hope this helps

if the air con is that bad may just be down to the filter no need to go to approved dealer and spend a fortune getting it checked replacing the filter is something you can do yourself (Providing it is only the filter) i've had my IS200 for 3 weeks and love the air con something im not used to coming from a Fiat Punto 1.2

IF THEY SAID THEY DO 127P CHECK GET THEM TO COUGH UP FOR IT

Hope this helps

its certainly worth a try before i start barking at them..thanks, i'll give it a go

Check that the a/c pump is engaging under the bonnet - you will see and hear the pump engaging/disengaging if you set it to auto with the temp at it's coolest.

If there's no refrigerant in the system, the pump will not engage.

If the above works, have a look at the dryer (cylinder shaped thing in front of the radiator), on top you will see a small circular window. While the a/c is working, you should see a constant mist inside... if the refrigerant is low, then the mist will be weak and intermittent - time for a re-gas :winky:

Hope this helps :)

I called them to check this and the guy said the air con only works on recirculating setting and fan setting one.

I smell a rat here, can anyone corroborate this? I had a Honda a while back and that was like sitting in your fridge

They're talking through their asre, just trying to fob you off.

Re-circ will make it colder as it cools the already cool air but aircon should make the car like a fridge given a few minutes, take it back mate. I would advise against doing any work yourself as they could hold it against you.

Some cars if the A/C dont work the little A/C light wont come on, normally if the car is just ticking over and you turn the A/C on you hear like a clunk as it kicks in and the revs will drop a bit...My A/C works on all speeds, icluding Auto and outside/recirculating.

Another test if your car is really misted up it will clear it alot quicker.

Sounds like they are just trying to fob you off mate

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot for your comments guys. I had them check this out together with a couple other niggles and they say it needs regassing and are making arrangments for that, so fair-do's i guess. (watch this space).

Incidentally, is regassing required often?

Thanks alot for your comments guys. I had them check this out together with a couple other niggles and they say it needs regassing and are making arrangments for that, so fair-do's i guess. (watch this space).

Incidentally, is regassing required often?

I get mine done every year........If you can find a refigerator repair chappie they will do it a lot cheaper than a garage.

I paid £10 for mine to be regassed last year, as he said it didn't need much more in

Check that the a/c pump is engaging under the bonnet - you will see and hear the pump engaging/disengaging if you set it to auto with the temp at it's coolest.

If there's no refrigerant in the system, the pump will not engage.

If the above works, have a look at the dryer (cylinder shaped thing in front of the radiator), on top you will see a small circular window. While the a/c is working, you should see a constant mist inside... if the refrigerant is low, then the mist will be weak and intermittent - time for a re-gas :winky:

Hope this helps :)

Used mine today being quite hot, had a shifty at the inspection bit and would seem i may need a re-gas.

can this be done yourself and whats involved?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links