Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Undertray Coming Off

On the M4 today, i got an awful sound from underneath the car...

I stopped on the hard shoulder, and looked under the car, a piece of plastic had come loose at the front, and the wind was causing it to drag on the road...

I dropped into Lexus Swindon, and they took it off as they said they couldnt fit it back due to the fricton damage...

and the cost of a new one, £65 plus fitting! :o

for a piece of plastic? :o

but all due respect to Swindon - even though i turned up unannounced, they got the car in the garage and took the offending article off, all free of charge.

It only took 20 minutes as well, which gave me an opportunity to have a look at the new IS250...

I'm really not taken with the front end, the rear is much better, but i'm undecided on the styling...

The seats are awesome - they are so comfortable and supportive, and the dash looks really good, its just a shame the centre part looked cheap and tacky!

on the downside, the rear legroom seemed to be truely dreadful, and the boot was surprisingly small...

so i wasnt too taken with it to be honest.

Did you not get to drive it?

I saw past all the gimmicky stuff like the multimedia bits, and I agree some of those areas are of concern...

The brakes and Steering/handling stood out to me the most about the car in its entirety...

I think the question should be what aint rattling and what isnt falling apart on the new is250?

My friend had one, a rental. He said something broke off in the door whilst closing it and the door cards were rattling after a few good slams.

Quality control tester you see lol!!

fidgit ... replace it soon man ...... the engine bay gets very dirty .. very quickly .... if u dont have the liner in the front. Makes the engine bay look 10 yrs older in a few weeks.

on the other hand ... if u live in an area with less sand/dirt/pollution i might not be as bad.

A couple of my plastic undertray bits are cracked apparently but I've not bothered replacing them yet. Agree with the expensive plastic comment! Guess one day they fall off like yours did....

ive just not long back chucked 2 complete sets of undertray plastics

damn!

I was going to ask if you had any lying around :lol:

I assume you've tried breakers yards?

no, it only happened yesterday afternoon, I went to lexus as i was passing... i havent had a chance to do anything more at the moment.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links