Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Broken

Mr Singh

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

Just got off the phone to Chris, i will get some more Stem seals by end of this week, and some middle of next...

I've got some other work going on the car at the mo which means i can take advantage of it being off the road for while longer

• 2 weeks later...

Stem seals should be here tomorrow. Head is being skimed, then i will plonk in the valves etc, check to see if theres any leaks (drop some petrol through the ports) if all is dandy then head will be situed in.

There is nothing to say it can't be running this weekend.

Fingers X!

Stem seals should be here tomorrow. Head is being skimed, then i will plonk in the valves etc, check to see if theres any leaks (drop some petrol through the ports) if all is dandy then head will be situed in.

There is nothing to say it can't be running this weekend.

Fingers X!

Good Luck Am!! Hope all goes well! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, it breaths :D

Its very quiet and smooth on idle, although initially there was a cloud of blue smoke as it burned oil from the bores... although it continued for few mins till eventually it was much much less and then non :)

Few niggles to sort out before i take it on a road test, but it runs which is Super!

:D

Yup, very pleased, done most of it myself :)

Labour charges would have been bloody stupid if i had given it in... Has cost little over £1k for parts alone and very close to 3 months of being off the road! things can only get better now :D

Thanks buddy.

Here's some piccys taken off from where i left it on page 4.

rebuild-004.jpg

All the Valves, Springs, collects in.

rebuild-002.jpg

Head skimmed.

rebuild-005.jpg

One clean block surface, be careful not to drop any swarf of debris in the oil and water ways, i recommend you use a vaccum cleaner at the same time when scraping off the old head gaskets sealant layer.

rebuild-008.jpg

Head gasket placed onto the engine block.

rebuild-010.jpg

Head carefully mated to the engine block, you will need someones help doing this!

Unfortunatley, thereafter i didnt use the camera much. I will be torquing up the the cam pulleys to the camshaft tomorrow, so will do my best to add in some major pointers around the timing...

Couple of pics here with larger injectors installed, however i have put the stock ones back in during running in period.

rebuild-021.jpg

Had the Fuel Rail polished along with the inlet plenum from a friend.

rebuild-019.jpg

Piccy of the oil and power steering coolers in place!

• 2 weeks later...

well done mate isn't it a greater sense of satisfaction when you can say "i did this" rater than letting the garage do it.

Out of interest how many bits have you got left over is normally traditional to have three odd bolts :D

well done mate isn't it a greater sense of satisfaction when you can say "i did this" rater than letting the garage do it.

Out of interest how many bits have you got left over is normally traditional to have three odd bolts :D

Indeed it is :D

I had about 10 bolts left over... Doh that was the old head bolts :lol:

Hi,

Job Well Done Mr Singh :)

and you know its been done right as some garages dont always do what they say they did.

Heres to years of Happy Motoring!!!

Chips..

Well if it goes tits up, i'll know who to blame :lol:

Must say its very easy, although a very long winded process when you have no parts!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links