Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Update On The Reversing Sensors...

Loz

Hey all those group buy junkies..

Got my parking sensors and I am fitting them to my Rangy tomorrow, *** willing...

They look pretty un-intimidating so far but I'm glad I went for the stick on jobbies for the this trial. Gosh, I'm making it sound awfully scientific when All Im really doing is killing a couple of hours and then boring you lot with the results...

I like the simple look of the kit and reckon it wont be hard to stash the wiring. hardest bit so far in my anticipation is finding the wire to the reversing light at a point where it wont make any mess I guess. probly worryin;' over nothing though...

You know that feeling when its dark and you want to play out!!

Wish I was hiome with me garage!!

'Night all ;)

Whhhooooooaaaaa!!!!!!MIND THAT CHILD!!!

okay so I'm not that bad at reversing but I amSERIOUSLY impressed with the kit from Quanan!

When I looked at the kit I thought finding the wiring hard would be my only real concern. I got a circuit tester this morning and found the wire inside of 2 minutes... SORTED

once I had realised that it would live behind the carpeted boot area that hides the spare wheel jack kit ( never seen it before, thankfully) I new the wired would go nicely under the carpet and rubber matting and never be seen again. the only drawback being the wire going outside...

I put the sensors 1 and 3 on the bumper corner piece at each side. the only one I'm struggling with is the central one. I've deleted it for now but when its dryer and I cleaner I will attack the beast once more. finding a central location is only a problem cos of the type of car. It would be easier on the Lexus but then I think I would put all three sensors on the bootlid (lower edge of course) if I were to attempt this job on the Lexus.

Main thing I learned...

I am still an untidy worker!

If this had been my Lexus I would have either waited for a warm garage or dry day, or I would have just foulded up a really nice car....

Reckon with the Lexus kit I will have it fitted professionally if it really is only an hour. I guess that is down to one hours labour charge though.

If I was ever passing the orriginators whereabouts I'd be glad of a private indacation of the cost of this work. I might have to seek that out discretly of course.

VERDICT: :backofnet:

I still have to get out and check even though they are never wrong!

I promise to stop doing this later today.

The mounting of the display on the passenger pillar by the back door trailing edge was a good move. It is now in line of sight when I turn to reverse. I will be happier with the third sensor but for now I am impressed. I would recomend the flush mounted babys though cos having an exposed wire is now going to bug me?

Wondering how much sensors ( flush type ) are??

Overall, deffo want this in my Lexus. Can't justify taking this one out of the Rangy as it needs it.

Think All cars should have this system.......possibly starting with my Dads BMW if I had not just bought him a DVD player.... Now who else can I buy some for.....

Loz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links