Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Very Quick Question

You can always select manual mode when you want to. having spent almost 20 years in a job that required me to average 40k miles a year, , mainly around the Midlands, I can assure you that an auto box was a godsend - how else could I balance a map on my knee, answer the cellphone, AND eat me Ginsters pasty on the M6 at 90 mph :ohmy:

Yes I believe so, ask your dealer if you can order one .......... think the dealers will have demos / maybe car to sell in July 2006.

I was this close to ordering a manual :blink:

I'll see what they say......if its true, fantastic!

Each to his own but I cannot understand the attraction for automatics. As I have mentioned previously I am currently driving a Merc auto. This is my first auto and definitely my last as the only plus point I see is that I don't have to change gear. The minus points being

1. lower mileage per gal ( except Lexus of course??)

2. The car continually changing gears when you are not expecting it . Especially when just tootling around.

3. Trying for a quick take off so you put down the foot and the auto takes half a second (0.3) to recognise what you have just done and the gap aint there any more.

4. Not being able to gun the engine before taking off quickly. Especially when stopped in traffic.

5 I miss the pure pleasure of DRIVING a car.

I find that strange that you can't get an auto sport. They are available through dealers in Ireland. You could buy one here and export it to the UK, but the speedo would be in kph, not mph.

• 2 weeks later...

:angry:

I ordered my IS250 Sport with MM in February. I have just had a phonecall from my dealer today telling me that it is expected on 2 August!!!!! This is my first Lexus and unless the car is the best I have ever had then it will definately be my last.

I have always bought German cars and the most I have ever had to wait for a factory order is 12 weeks. The options lists on Audi/VW are extensive where as Lexus only really offer 2 options, MM & a sunroof so why is it taking so long to build???

I have not had a satisfactory answer from my dealer for the delay, however when I put the deposit down in Feb we agreed a trade in price for my Audi S3 and he has agreed to honor that in August, which I think is fantastic on the dealers part.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links