Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking Ahead.... What Next?

IanF

What next?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Options:

• Another Altezza - jump straight back in there
    • Honda Accord Type R
    • Mitsubishi Galant VR4
    • Seat Leon Cupra R
    • Alfa Romeo GT
    • Other...

I know this isn't the best place for an unbiased discussion :D , but just to keep me sane and focused on the future, what do you reckon I should get when (or if) I find a buyer for the Qualitat?

The main criteria are:

4 doors and a boot - got a nipper so need to be relatively practical

Budget about 10K

At least 200bhp

Not too common

The most important are the last 2 - I'm reasonably flexible on the others

My potentials at the moment are:

Another Altezza - but find one already registered to make life easy

Honda Accord Type R

Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (but high running costs are off-putting)

Seat Leon Cupra R (the turbo version)

Alfa Romeo GT (the 3.2L V6 version - but it's a bit smaller and more expensive than I'd like)

I've had an Evo, and my brother got a Scooby, so they are out. Besides, they are a bit hardcore for me at the moment. Anybody got any other suggestions?

Cheers guys

Ian

Always said the VR4 Gallant is an absolute beast. There is one near me that is well known in the country and amongst the VR4 community, 400bhp and 500bhp with NOS. Some call it the poor mans evo but i would beg to differ and that would be my choice. Rare and very quick.

I like the integra type R.

I have drove the Cupra R and must say its nice. Smooth delivery throughout.

What evo did you have?

I voted Alfa... i'm a sucker for the sound they let off...

Mitsi' would of been my 2nd choice followed by the Tez'

Honda sounds awful when ur revving the nutts of it.. seats are nice but thats it lol

Cupra Rs are getting wee too common aswell

What evo did you have?

I had an Evo 4, back before they were cheap enough for the Max Power brigade to get their hands on them. A lovely car - but the missus hated it with a passion. I need something a little less hardcore now to keep her happy (and I can't afford the running costs now I've got the nipper - 4500mile service intervals and a new set of tyres once a year begin to hurt!)

Ian

This probably abit too common, but a BMW 330D maybe?

0 - 60 in about 7secs and 40+MPG and can be easily superchipped to 240BHP+. Should be able to get a 4/5 year old one for around 10K.

Seems a nice car, but its a 3 series (German Mondeo) :P

I'm coming round to the idea of another Altezza

Alfa is too expensive

VR4 is too hardcore

Leon is too common

Accord is too bland looking

So if anybody knows of a black manual RS200 from about 2000 onwards with less than 50Kish on the clock - let me know.

Cheers

Ian

Did the poll count or had you already made your mind up?

Well I wouldn't say that I need all my decisions verified by an internet forum, but it is interesting to hear other peoples comments. :D

On the basis that this is an inherently biased forum, every vote for the Altezza probabaly should only count as a half - so in effect I've paid no attention to the good advice I've been offered :P

Ian

Don't know about what it like in Britain, but if you buy a galant over here it comes very well speced for the price ..... but very had to get good money selling them on......

Out of all the cars in the pole... how many have rear wheel drive?

I drive a tiprtonic altezza and can get it sideways whenever i want ( when it's safe of course)..... you can go just as fast with a front wheel drive, but you can't have this kinda fun..... and you don't have to bombing either......

No question if you think about it......... has to be a 'tezza... :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links