Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Best Army In The World........

an event from a few years ago

(no member of HM Forces was hurt in the photographing of this hilarious ***** up)

(* The Cause was mechanical fault with the handbrake......not human error, for once)

:D

oops the handbrake seems to have broke.....

gallery_1290_100_9279.jpg

Heading for the drink.............dont everyone rush to stop it, yeah ok 62 tons

gallery_1290_100_27610.jpg

oops, in it goes, ah well :) 62 tons rolls well....wouldnt you say

gallery_1290_100_2008.jpg

is it a submarine.......

gallery_1290_100_18489.jpg

Quick, everyone look proffesional..............get the cameras out, before the divers attatch the recovery strops

gallery_1290_100_19185.jpg

Edited by Monster-Mat

:offtopic:

Matt to your knowledge (if you actually know) are the israeli special forces regarded as the best in the world? Someone i know who is in the SBS stated either them or the swedish special forces. Obviously he said none would stand a chance against him lol!! :D

He is skilled in close quarters i can verify that.

BTW It was debated whilst in the pub amongst ex forces guys.

:offtopic:

Matt to your knowledge (if you actually know) are the israeli special forces regarded as the best in the world? Someone i know who is in the SBS stated either them or the swedish special forces. Obviously he said none would stand a chance against him lol!! :D

He is skilled in close quarters i can verify that.

the isreali SF are regarded as being very good at what they do, counter insurgence, however there experiance is limited to israel, with mossad "working" outside

regards the swedish SF hmm again they have no field experiance

in my opinion, the british sas is by far the most respected, and has many years of field work, most well organised SF units around the world come to train with the UKsf to gain the skillset required for urban ops and close quarter building clearence, including the US special forces who are full of **** ;)

the us SF are as good or should i say, the same level as the british marines/para's(no slant on either of them)considering they are not classed as SF thats a dig at the US SF

all very interesting stuff,

i edited this as i realised after posting it was NOT a pm.....so had to remove some infomation :shifty:

Edited by Monster-Mat

I find covert forces very interesting and love watching documentaries on their past missions. Seige of the Iranian embassy etc.

US SF use a system of unarmed combat they adopted and called 'Black Cobra' which was devised for them by Dr Hatsumi(head of the Bujiken and last living bloodline traceable Ninja) It is basically 21st century ninjitsu.

I find covert forces very interesting and love watching documentaries on their past missions. Seige of the Iranian embassy etc.

US SF use a system of unarmed combat they adopted and called 'Black Cobra' which was devised for them by Dr Hatsumi(head of the Bujiken and last living bloodline traceable Ninja) It is basically 21st century ninjitsu.

there are many layers to US SF....the more public layers are no better than UK marines/paras, im refering to there Green berets :shutit:

matt, were you the tank commander at the time of this runaway tank? :whistling:

come on, own up, we're all friends here.... :lol:

nope not at that time..........i have had one funny ***** up....but seen many :shifty:

there are many layers to US SF....the more public layers are no better than UK marines/paras, im refering to there Green berets :shutit:

I know my father was in the air force and all he said about the US top tier was, 'incompetent'.

I know my father was in the air force and all he said about the US top tier was, 'incompetent'.

never a truer word spoken, i dislike working with the US forces, at ANY level

never a truer word spoken, i dislike working with the US forces, at ANY level

but at least the yanks have the money to throw at the morons they employ and i think their policy is if we have at least 6 more of everything than anyone else sheer numbers wins. For example there is a job in the USAF just putting leading edges on wings :o your average RAF techie has to do airframes and engines.

Foul ups aren't just restricted to the Army though the whole of them compete to commit the most ludicris mistake they can :D

I can give you examples of helicopters taking off still attached to refuelling bowsers, jets landing when they have forgotton all about undercarriage and i had a particularly good picture of a harrier parked nose first THROUGH a hanger door. I have also personally shot someone (accidentally) with an MEK gun 9big cardboard tube with a beer can in it and a solvent and air the other end) on an exercise and it got called in as a genuine attack :blush: got in trouble for that.

There was one incidence on an exercise where we were having a themed detatchment based on robin hood and got attacked by the swedish armed forces whilst still in fancy dress, we were firing arrows made from twigs at them :lol:

It all gives you massive confidence in your armed forces hey :winky:

By the way on special forces the best ones are so secret that you don't even know you are in them till they tell you :shifty:

Austin

I have the utmost respect for our armed forces. I got it drilled in my head from an early age by my father which really made me resent him and the forces(miltary discipline ingrained, he shouldnt have been a father). I was going to be an officer and went as far as Sandhurst but realised it wasnt for me.

I then regained my respect for them from what i saw for the brief period i did.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links