Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Insurance Help!

michaelm

Hi guys

I'm getting a hire car from Lexus to drive for the next 3 months till my IS arrives in June.

However, I need to arrange my own insurance for the car.

The car will still be registered to the Lexus dealer so most insurance companies won't insure you if you are not the registered owner.

Does anyone know of any insurance company that does this?

Cheers

Hi guys

I'm getting a hire car from Lexus to drive for the next 3 months till my IS arrives in June.

The car will still be registered to the Lexus dealer so most insurance companies won't insure you if you are not the registered owner.

Cheers

How about Lexus insurance....they should have a good idea of what's going on

Hi guys

Cheers

How about Lexus insurance....they should have a good idea of what's going on

Just tried them and they said no!!!

Like everyone else so far, they can't insure me because it is hire car and car is not registered to me!!

So, Lexus giving me a hire car is pointless as I can't get insured on it!!!

What level of insurance does the Dealer say you need.

If you have fully comp, on another car you will be legally insured to drive with 3rd party cover.

I have insurance through Adrian Flux and had the Mrs car as an additional car on my policy for a month even though I was not the owner.

Hi guys

Cheers

Will they not just cover you on their own policy as they would normally for a courtesy car?

I used to have this problem when I was too young to be covered on their policy, so would have it covered on my car's policy - there's a certain allowance of free days to cover a courtesy car on your policy

Hi guys

Cheers

Will they not just cover you on their own policy as they would normally for a courtesy car?

I used to have this problem when I was too young to be covered on their policy, so would have it covered on my car's policy - there's a certain allowance of free days to cover a courtesy car on your policy

Yeah. Lexus finally decided to cover me on their insurance now as I had so much trouble getting insured on the car.

But picked the car up saturday and it is very nice indeed!!!

A bit slow on pickup but fine afterwards once you get going.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links