Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Unrelated To Lexus But...friendlg Garage

Loz

Just had the rear susp mount on my rangy replaced and the difference it makes os great. I love having a friendly garage!!

This guy is mates with the bloke who owns my local cafe (in the world heritage village that is Saltaire!)

He has worked on my Volvo T5, BMW M Coupe, Lexus and now the Rangy. He charges £20 per hour labour. I have only once heard of cheaper labour and I didn't know the guy well enough to trust him.

Today he tells me £80 to diagnose and worst case scenario, if it is that ball joint I was looking at £80. So when he rings me to say its done and will be £80, inside the three hours he referred to, I got a taxi up to his place and there he was, holding the broken part, told me where it was from and what it did and how it was knackerd. EVEN showed me where he had "brayed" it to get it out so I could see I had not done that driving it. (new part costs £30)

I ask if he spotted anything else that needed doing? (Putting my head in the lion's Mounth usually!!) and he replies, "No, all the bushes are fine!" and when I say is there anything at all worth looking at, "No, she's in really good condition, you should be fine with that", came the reply.

So I get my wallet out and he says, "Oh, just make it £70".

QUESTION:

If you had experienced that, how badly would this guy have to mess up in future to loose my business?

I would publish this guys details but as I have not asked his permission, if anyone want to know where to get a good fair job done on a quality car in the West yorkshire area then I'll be happy to pass on his details :blush:

Impressed? I certainly am. I virtually asked this guy to fleece me and he said "NO".

Loz

Hi Brian

Regal Automotive in Shirley Southampton are one of our sub dealers.

I don't know what they are like from a customers perspective, but they have always been good with us.

Maybe worth a try? Especially if you mention that I sent you :)

Chris is the Boss Man there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links