Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Brake Upgrade Soon!

gazwalker

Just about to start my brake upgrade for the Aristo.

I am using Aluminium 4 pot calipers of the Lexus LS with a 315mm by 30mm disc. I sourced the calipers S/H and will rebuild them with a refurb kit and powdercoat them to make them look like new.

I am utilising DBA Gold series discs. I cannot get my preferred choice of Endless Pads for the calipers so will have to resort to Project Mu Hyper Carbon+ pads.

Will finish off with a set of Goodridge stainless hoses and Motul 5.1 fluid.

These will not fit under stock wheels mind, the caliper is simply too wide.

Hopefully this should offer me some serious stopping performance - just in time for the 'Ring!

Gaz.

Sorry didn't see your reply Brian.

Yep its way cheaper than the Supra setup because the calipers can be had S/H for like £150. Supra ones are normally £350+

Everything is priced about the same.

Another reason this is a great upgrade is that the calipers are about 4/5kg lighter each!

Gaz.

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a couple of pics of the new fronts.

In short, I wouldnt recommend this to someone else because the calipers need modifying for clearance.

This isn't an issue with a normal GS as the US guys don't seem to have any problems however the Aristo must have a larger/reinforced or just different track rod end assembly and this the calipers wouldn't normally clear this.

The UK-spec Supra calipers clear very nicely but weigh a damn sight more!

Regards,

Gaz.

post-1608-1144493257.jpg

post-1608-1144495548.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links