Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Way To Go Vicar!

A religious person using science to support an argument that something cannot exist.

BTW - science and religion can co-exist, eg the complexity of DNA is evidence for the existence of G.o.d...

- 6,000,000,000 base pairs per human cell

- unravelled the length of DNA in each cell is 2m long

- the average person is made up of 75,000,000,000,000 cells

- the total length of DNA in a person is 150x10^12m - enough to stretch between the earth and the sun 500 times

Phew - time to diet... :lol:

A religious person using science to support an argument that something cannot exist.

BTW - science and religion can co-exist, eg the complexity of DNA is evidence for the existence of G.o.d...

I really loved the juxtaposition of a vicar using science to explain how Santa cannot exist, then stand up on Sunday and talk about a virgin birth.

truly ironic

I heard the Vicar on Radio 4 this morning. What I thought was funny was the way he was apologising but sounding like he couldn't give a french fart about the effect so long as he got the media exposure!! Good lad!! NOT.

Also RE: the science argument.

*** and Science can co exist. Jesus did after all turn water into wine! funny how no fecker asked or published how!

And people wonder why there are those who would poke holes in the manufacturers handbook.... :withstupid:

If there is a supernatural G.o.d then he's going to be able to do supernatural things.

Science is our imperfect understanding of creation and it's processes. Our scientific understanding of the natural world is not complete so it's not surprising that science fails to explain the supernatural.

Miracles are evidence for the existence of G.o.d but are not proof - if someone wants to disbelieve them then that's their choice.

Can science explain love or artistic ability? Do they exist?

*** and Science can co exist. Jesus did after all turn water into wine! funny how no fecker asked or published how!

And people wonder why there are those who would poke holes in the manufacturers handbook.... :withstupid:

Water into wine

Feeding five thousand people with two loaves and five fishes (when science tells us that matter cannot be created or destroyed (law of conservation of matter))

noahs ark (2 of every animal, plus bedding and feed - how big? and one man built it?)

hence my comment on the delicious irony

What do you reckon about the B i b l e code I read about last week in one of the daily rags?

this is a fascinating subject.

I read The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin a few years ago, and there is some food for real thought there.

These Bible or Torah Codes (equidistant letter spacing sequences) were just astounding.

The author actually found a reference to the assasination of an Israeli(?) prime minister before the event happened.

I am an atheist - but I found this book simply fascinating.

a good resource is theomatics.com, although this deals more with a numeric structuer of the bible - which is also quite eye opening.

None of this came even close to changing my opinion on the matter, but I found it very interesting.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were hidden patterns in the bible as there are loads of obvious patterns in the bible too - eg the numbers 3, 7, 12 appear all over the place. (eg twelve tribes, twelve apostles, twelve gates to the city of G.o.d in revelation.) Also some things are patterns for things which appear later (eg aspects of Malchizedek, David and Jonah's lives are pictures for Jesus). There are also something like 600 prophecies in the old testament about Jesus - all of those except the ones about his second coming are fullfilled in the new testament.

The bible also has explicit prophecies about things that will happen at the end of the world - wars, famine etc There's so much that's written plainly we should read that first before we go looking for hidden stuff. Anyway when it comes down to it.....

I just can't help thinking that the bible codes stuff is just a way of making money.... and probably is just a load of rubbish.... cynical of me I know. :blush:

I just can't help thinking that the bible codes stuff is just a way of making money.... and probably is just a load of rubbish.... cynical of me I know. :blush:

not cynical at all jd - I agree with you on that one mate!

I still find the subject interesting, the book fascinating, and the amount of work people put into researching them is simply awe inspiring :outforcount:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links