Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Only In Loc Could This Happen

Newbies if you want to understand what LOC really is about read on.......

General conversation and the swapping of problems soon allowed me to make friends here, within no time LOC members welcoming attitude made me realise i was not on trial.... no need to try and impress just be me!

So i did.... time and time again whilst reading posts i could see the passion in replies with obvious desire to help..... then it happened to me?

'Hows this catalogue'

Metserve offered to re-build and has turned WIM into the professional web-site it is today.

Past PC peripherals and software were given to me.

A LOC meet at STS was welcomed by some 30 cars... including Monster Mat and young family who stayed over night at a Hotel at his own expense.

A member here who is a Business Developer..... is volunteering his own time to assist my future ambishions

Business spread sheets in all formats with valuable do's and dont's included.

Offers of work from a very prestigious company

And today....a member (no names) answering my passing comment that my WIN98 'Donkey' of a PC is on it's last 'leg'...... my posts last comment was 'anyone got a spare XP computer'

Today from our team a member he 'gave me' a tower running XP pro with DVD and CDRW, monitor keyboard, modem...... and everything needed to become re-born... and the cost was...? a 'hand shake'

I would like to say 'Thank You' to everyone for all the help.

cous3 Thank You again for the PC........... oops i just told everyone who donated the PC.. :whistling:

I have been on various boards from; past car ownership ones to bodybuilding, martial arts etc.

Since being on here i must admit and say that it is the best one i have have had the pleasure of being part of.

I have always had help from these forums and met some decent people from this board.

It certainly has the 'community' feeling that many cannot achieve. I wish i would have bought a lexus sooner, lol!

Good to see WIM becoming a reality. Wish you were a bit closer though mate.

I have been on various boards from; past car ownership ones to bodybuilding, martial arts etc.

Since being on here i must admit and say that it is the best one i have have had the pleasure of being part of.

I have always had help from these forums and met some decent people from this board.

It certainly has the 'community' feeling that many cannot achieve. I wish i would have bought a lexus sooner, lol!

Good to see WIM becoming a reality. Wish you were a bit closer though mate.

I will move...... where are you :D ... LOC does suspend something unique.... don't know that it is but it is here.

Something that helped me was the opportunity to contact the Moderators direct and out-of-sight, questions and help become one to one so in the visible forum i was able to become confident very fast, for me this helped.

As for the team spirit.... what can i say!

I hope it all comes to fruition Dr Bones, but you know you have the support of LOC behind you!

If there's anything else I can help with on the P&L front, please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Thank You Mike....... now i have Excel all will become 'opened'....

Bleeding the team dry?.... is it possible to transport the content from my WIN98 into the new PC?

My emails.... some 1500 are vital as is most content in the 'Donkey'.

I totally agree, no other forum I've been on has been as friendly and genuinely helpful as this one is. Its strange because out of the many members on here, its such a tiny minority that have actually met (think I've only met 3 or 4 ppl off here, including you Tony :winky: ) yet everyone treats each other like really close friends :)

I hope it goes without saying, but we are also all very grateful for your work on our cars - I don't about the others, but mine was a right handful before I had it checked over by you so thanks for your help too. Its very rare to find the best person for something also at the best possible price, but that's what you offer us lucky LOC members

Good luck with WIM, I'm sure it'll be up and running in no time at all....... :D

The support and help ive received from the generous members on LOC has been absolutely amazing.People from all levels of experience offering helpful and constructive advice at all times,members willing to take the time out of their schedule to help me,cos im clueless and even offering to meet me and let me test drive their motors.ONLY LOC.I love u guys. :D :D

This forum is a wealth of knowledge, that alone makes it stand out from the crowd. The interaction on the threads is great to read and sometimes just watch, and although I've only been to one meet, found the guys who turned up a good friendly bunch......especially to a newbie.

Tony, you are most welcome, I hope the pc allows you to do some of the things you couldn't have done on your old one...........As for importing files from your old pc, I would guess the only way would be to use floppy discs?? Slow process as floppies don't hold that much, but once done you'll be able to back up your files by burning them to a CD.

Keith

As for importing files from your old pc, I would guess the only way would be to use floppy discs?? Slow process as floppies don't hold that much, but once done you'll be able to back up your files by burning them to a CD.

Keith

A quicker approach may be to purchase or borrow an IDE to USB adapter. It allows you to easily connect the hard disk from the old PC to the new PC and then copy the files using Windows Explorer. Here is an example although I am sure you will find much cheaper http://www.usb-ware.com/usb-2-ide-adapter-ud200.htm

Congratulations Tony! :D

Probably the easiest and (FREE) way to transfer the files from your Win98 PC is to just pull its hard drive out and plug it into the XP machine and then copy over all the files you need.

USB is a way to do it too if you have a USB-to-IDE adapter as mentioned earlier, but make sure your new XP machine supports USB2.0 otherwise it will take forever to transfer. I've not had the best luck with them to be honest, hence why I'd just put the hard drive in the new machine.

As for importing files from your old pc, I would guess the only way would be to use floppy discs?? Slow process as floppies don't hold that much, but once done you'll be able to back up your files by burning them to a CD.

Keith

A quicker approach may be to purchase or borrow an IDE to USB adapter. It allows you to easily connect the hard disk from the old PC to the new PC and then copy the files using Windows Explorer. Here is an example although I am sure you will find much cheaper http://www.usb-ware.com/usb-2-ide-adapter-ud200.htm

If not I can lend you a Zip drive and a zip disc (250mb) should be able to use it on both PC's.

Let me know if you need it (I would need it back eventualy though)

Rich

Up-date......

Thank You all for the advice so fully knowledge today i went in :D

To my left: the 'Donkey WIN98'

To my right: the new XP-PRO...... :D

All i need to do is move all the contents from my 'Documents/'Briefcase' and most importantly 1500 emails into the new PC........ :crybaby:

MD 'burned' onto cd and transported........ :D

MBC 'burned' onto cd and transported...... :D

Outlook Express in :744....... no..... :crybaby:

Outlook Express sent: 634.....no..... :crybaby:

I phoned Ahmet... (scarface) and he directed me to conclude hours of work.........(click on *).... and it worked?...... to smart methinks :shifty:

Anyhoo once again 'Team LOC', the new XP lives and i still have all your details........... going back years :whistling:

'Tiny Tim'.......... how is that Viva now?.... :huh:

Tony,

Please go pour yourself a large one! :P

Mike i just sucked the colour out of the cork......and it was white before i started!!..... twice i tried to light the end of the bottle thinking it was a Benson's and Hedges..

Note to self: glass wont light?...........and the cork stinks!

well done tony, you deserve to do well at this, with your dedication. :D

i wish you loads of luck.

regarding LOC ive met so many great people who are friendly and helpful, and the club have

lifted my spiriits at times of misfortune.

Thats what makes LOC like a family

thanks LOC :D

John

:D Yes I agree totally. Maneesh praises my honesty one day. Another day someone thinks I was a heavyweight boxing contender (MATT Skelton!) Thinks: must do longer walks each day if I look THAT heavy!

Everyone wants to buy my car (when they win the Lottery..... :) ) and Lex-a-holic finds some awful jokes to post. Lotsa laughs. :lol:

yes car is STILL for sale! :tomato:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links