Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I have the TOM TOM on my Nokia symbian phone and I've had no problems with it at all. Has lots of points of interests and has downloadable speed camera positions. It's also quick to recalculate your route incase of road blocks and diversions.

i have the navman 520i.

Its realy good, works from the min you take it out of the box, you can easily load speed camera databases on it.

its small, thin (unlike bulky and bulbous tom toms) and is realy competatively priced, i bought it at £350 and now its dropped to £250.

i would say order the remote control (£20) as it makes it a lot easier to use on the move.

If you get a PDA (does not matter what make really), get the Dell software...

I've tried Tom Tom, Smartstreets and Dell etc. I have a HP 2210 IPAQ and Dell Axim (from work). The disadvantge is that you have to a Bluetooth GPS receiver, which means more batteries, leads etc...

The easiest to use the Dell...easy address matching and overall functionality etc. The best to look at (graphics etc) is Tom Tom IMHO.

As far as the unit itself goes, the ACER Pocket PC with built in antenna is fab. Cheap and does everything! My brother has the N35 and swears by it, and a colleague has the Navman PiN.

Navman PiN

Acer

If you go for a Tom Tom Go, then that's all it is...Satnav. With a PDA you can do emails, get on the net (if wifi enabled) and just gives you a lot more! However the Tom Tom Go 500 and 700 have Bluetooth car kits for your mobile too. Dunno how good though!

Andy,

I have Tom Tom on my Nokia phone, and it's brilliant. Full 7 digit postcode entry too. I've set it up to warn me about cameras too. It recalculates routes very quickly indeed (<20 seconds), and the sound is very clear and loud inside the car.

You're probably better off with a PDA solution if you want a bigger screen and some of the PDA functionality too. However, the phone version impresses yer mates down the pub, when you plot the best walking route home after a bender!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links