Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Price Announcement Is200 Induction Kit

tdiplc

TDi's induction kit, as indeed any other induction kit is designed to not only improve airflow into the car, but buy moving the air filter away from the hot air surrounding the engine, reduce the temperature of the air going into the engine.

Cold air, is denser than hot air, therefore it has more oxygen for the same volume. :nuke:

Indeed TDi can go a stage further and cover the filter with a carbon hood therefore practally eliminating any chance of engine hot air reaching the filter.

The filter TDi use in their inducton kit, is a high flow system, (Made by HKS) and is much less restrictive than the standard filter.

An analogy could be like trying to draw air through a handkerchief, as apposed to through a pair of tights. :sick:

So in conclusion, TDi are offering you a draughty pair of tights. :lol:

Hi,

Anyone done a Dyno with the IS200 induction kit.

Zee's was on Saturday, I think TDi will be posting the results. The overall gains were impressive, but the induction kit will be hard to prove on the rolling road due to the amount of air being pushed in. The fans will not be able to create the same air flow as you flying down the M1. Zee is well impressed & I must say there was a noticable difference on the way back, the car was flying. The pick up at high speeds was most impressive as well as the initial kick when pulling off.

Hello

The induction system is designed to derestrict the intake system.

We have made the cross over air feed pipe in heat insulated carbon fibre to reduce the heat soak problem that the metal pipes suffer from.

After some hard runs on the dyno on Zee's car, the intake pipe was still cool to the touch, whereas a metal pipe would have given me blisters on my fingers!

The air scoop is designed to direct cold from the front of the car to the air filter.

Hope this helps :)

Excellent - thank you.

We all know that replacement filters are supposed to improve performance but it's good to have a techie-ish explanation of how they work.

One question - on my IS200 the standard scoop intake is right at the front where the bonnet closes. Is it not possible to merely replace the actual filter element and get some benefit?

Yes, and guess who do a filter element replacement...

Give TDi a ring...

BTW I have an HKS SuperFlow airfilter up for grabs. Suitable I'm afraid, only for Supercharged engines.

Free to a good home. (Tone are you using one?)

Bloofire - sadly I am not aware of any replacement filter elements for the standard air box.

Anyway I thought you had a budget of £15k, so you should be able to run to a decent induction system ;)

Mark, i told you about it ages ago, the trd replacement filter and another, the name escapes me at the moment.

Bloofire ---- TRD filter is about £75 - do a search on the 'net and you will find a few links for it. In fact it has been discussed on this board quite a few times.

Yes, and guess who do a filter element replacement...

Give TDi a ring...

BTW I have an HKS SuperFlow airfilter up for grabs. Suitable I'm afraid, only for Supercharged engines.

Free to a good home. (Tone are you using one?)

No Gord, mines still the 'whatever was in the compressor kit' filter.

Standard celica one then i guess.

If i have yours, i'll only need the colour off your car to have had ALL the parts :)

'good home' ?? me ?? are you sure ?? :blink:

Go on then, give us a go with it ....

:phone: B)

Tone.

I can leave it at TDi, or with someone at Brooky? :)

Lemme know.

BTW Tone, you canny have my old manifold as TDi use part of it when upgrading to their Manifold!!

For those that don't know, Tone is currently trying to clone my car from existing parts. :lol:

BTW Tone, you canny have my old manifold as TDi use part of it when upgrading to their Manifold!!

For those that don't know, Tone is currently trying to clone my car from existing parts. :lol:

WOT ??

You mean Mark charges you all that money for a soopa doopa manifold ...

then makes it out of a pile of 2nd hand bits :P

:withstupid:

You mean Mark charges you all that money for a soopa doopa manifold ...

then makes it out of a pile of 2nd hand bits   :P

:withstupid:

So,

As I was saying,,

I have an HKS SuperFlow airfilter for supercharged only engines, free to a good home...

EXCEPT TO TONY GOOSE'S HOME!!! :D :D

As I was saying,,

I have an HKS SuperFlow airfilter for supercharged only engines, free to a good home...

EXCEPT TO TONY GOOSE'S HOME!!!  :D  :D

Well there's a stroke of luck ....

I'm sure my brother was looking for one of those :duh:

And so strangely enough was my next door neighbour !

Tell you what, i'll forward it on shall i :shifty:

:whistling:

Bloofire - sadly I am not aware of any replacement filter elements for the standard air box.

Anyway I thought you had a budget of ?5k, so you should be able to run to a decent induction system  ;)

Mark, i told you about it ages ago, the trd replacement filter and another, the name escapes me at the moment.

Do you mean the Airnix II ?

Anyway I thought you had a budget of £15k, so you should be able to run to a decent induction system  

Easy tiger! I have another 10 months to wait for major mods - but if I could just do something little now...... :whistling:

I'm gagging to get modding!

bloofire,

If you tell us how much your willing to spend now, I'm sure we can tell you what you can spend it on.  

Hi Gord,

The reason for the delay is that I have 10 months of finance to run until I own the car - this also corresponds to when the warranty runs out. I want to make the best of the warranty while I have it (i badly need some replacement alloys - they are looking bad!) - and don't want to invalidate it with loads of mods.

However I have a nice little account marked 'Lexus mods!' so hope to get some serious power increases at that time.

So i guess I'm only interested in mods that won't invalidate the warranty and are cheap because i'll probably undo them when the time comes.

I've priced up the piggyback ECU and a 75BHP 'highpower' nitrous kit. Both would cost less that £700 but i'm sure would invalidate my warranty.

Perhaps a little air filter element and some internal styling bits would be okay.

You see it's not so much the money but the warranty.

Jon

I've priced up the piggyback ECU and a 75BHP 'highpower' nitrous kit.  Both would cost less that £700 but i'm sure would invalidate my warranty.

May I ask which Nitrous kit and piggyback ECU you're looking at all for under £700....? :unsure:

May I ask which Nitrous kit and piggyback ECU you're looking at all for under £700....?  

Sorry didn't make myself clear there. I meant the ECU costs less that £700 and the Nitrous kit cost less that £700.

For the ECU just going off TDI's website.

A company in Ipswich called TJS do the nos kits.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links