Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wim Soon To Become Real

In the past i hinted that WIM could become a stand alone business...... many here have demanded that i leave STS and pursue my own passions......'In the way of WIM'

With great fortune a member here is a 'Business Developer' and has constructed an image even i didn't realise about WIM..... so with this image and the current 'cash flow forecast' things are progressing positively.

One obvious area was going to be the machine...... pulled between Pro Align and John Bean i have decided on ....

John Bean, at an extra cost of £11.000...

Without boring everyone this is why.

With this i can insert the geometry position directly into the image of your car....calculate the actual points of load on the tyre if the car has had modifications, calculate the steering curve and chassis alignment during weight transfer, measure tyre temperature and forecast dynamic angular positions including 'Roll centre'........and more....

I need to stop now because I'm 'Dribbling'......(cats head is wet)

Information like this is valuable to any car modified, 'Mat' the 'Drifty' would be real interesting to measure! fancy becoming a 'Donor' car, with free set-ups that will assist us both in this area?...

That's it for now.... (ANY ADVICE) with areas in my new development i welcome..... Neil and Mike in the past offers of 'templates' i would welcome...... please remember i have a 'Donkey' WIN98 computer..... anyone got a spare XP?......

Does this mean you're getting your own site? Or still based at STS?

Own site, with one of the best machines in the world...... all the hours i sit here calculating positions for modified cars would be gone..... this venture allows WIM to become even further away from the competition and will allow me two things....

1:- A machine that images any modification road or race, or (Drift)

2:- Me the time to complete your geometry without the distractions of STS.....

Well done mate! :D

I'll dig out an XL file and forward to you which you can use as the basis for your P&L. It's not at all complicated and will give you a good feel for your bottom line.

Top support..... Thank You Mike!

Own site, with one of the best machines in the world...... all the hours i sit here calculating positions for modified cars would be gone..... this venture allows WIM to become even further away from the competition and will allow me two things....

I'll dig out an XL file and forward to you which you can use as the basis for your P&L. It's not at all complicated and will give you a good feel for your bottom line.

You have new mail!

You have new mail!

Got mail......Computer said 'NO' .... to the attachment.

I will be honest LOC me as an individual is as skint as most.... WIM has strengths that display a very sound future and i am trying to evolve these strengths.... come **** or high water i will make this happen.... typical LOC team work someone has offered me a XP computer :crybaby: no names....... but i want to thank you 'couse3' for that offer........oooops :D .

Mike excluding the template.... the text alone has opened my eyes to a few areas that were out of my vision, you are a wise man indeed :shifty:

Interesting times....in truth i am scared **** less but with this machine every area including the maths will become easy.... an LOC open day is my next dream!!!!!!! (plan)

Goodluck mate :)

Its good to see people living their dreams ;)

Indeed... Thank You!.. Fascinating times with this equipment.... The IS will become born again!... with luck Mat and the 'drifty' will become part of my future portfolio, along with TDI..... who knows whats next

Never heard of John Bean, until I checked the website - used to be Balco, which is familiar.

Also aware of Pro Align kit, as the local Toyota dealer's got it.

please remember i have a 'Donkey' WIN98 computer.....
Nothing wrong with that. Not many updates for it now as Microsoft have pretty much finished debugging it. Only taken them 8 years! At this rate XP should be stable and safe to use by around 2010. :P

If your PC's chugging and hammering the hard drive, throw some RAM at the problem, you'd be surprised the difference and extra 128MB or 256MB makes to Windows 98.

Assuming you're using Outlook Express:-

From the Tools menu, click Options

Click the Security tab

Ensure the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" is NOT ticked

Click OK

Try the attachment again.

Did you manage to open the file? Let's try a Yahoo or Hotmail box if you still can't open it

You all know i am i bit of a 'plank' with PC's, i can open the file, then Word says 'MW can't import the specifed format....

Good news is the generous donaton of a XP computer will land at STS on Thursday :D

This will lay my 'Donkey' to rest.......'BUT'

Since WIM is online most points of contact are by email, most times the owner gives insufficient information so dialog is bounced back and forth, not always in the same day/week/month the all of a sudden a reply.... for this reason i have 1400 or so mails between my in/out box that i must commute to the new PC... is this possible?

You all know i am i bit of a 'plank' with PC's, i can open the file, then Word says 'MW can't import the specifed format....

Try using MS Excel to open it Tony :D

Good luck with WIM and if there is anything that I can do to help just shout.

Try using MS Excel to open it Tony :D

Good luck with WIM and if there is anything that I can do to help just shout.

My 'Donkey' doesn't have Excel.... but the 'new race horse Thursday will' :D

The new WIM will call on you?... there are possibilities available with the new machine you wouldn't imagine...

I can...

Measure the suspension height, dial in the wheel off-set and image the exact position of load on the tyre during weight transfer with the steering at all angles, measure twist in the chassis and calculate the exact roll centre.

But i need a lesson from you regarding the coilovers......you know what i mean :winky:

That's great news mate, someone who takes such a great interest and for a change, actually knows what they are doing, should be your own boss! Good luck to you and I look forward to your grand opening - whereabouts will you be setting up? :whistling:

Fantastic news! I've been reading your posts on here for a while now and it always sounded like you had more to offer than STS could handle.

Good luck with the venture, hope it all works out.

If you need any new clients, I reckon my tyres aren't wearing evenly so I cold be seeing you in a few weeks...

That's great news mate, someone who takes such a great interest and for a change, actually knows what they are doing, should be your own boss! Good luck to you and I look forward to your grand opening - whereabouts will you be setting up? :whistling:

With luck Hemel Hempsted, my home town......... little singed after Bunsfield...... lots of open spaces now?

and a creator.....

Fantastic news! I've been reading your posts on here for a while now and it always sounded like you had more to offer than STS could handle.

Good luck with the venture, hope it all works out.

If you need any new clients, I reckon my tyres aren't wearing evenly so I cold be seeing you in a few weeks...

Strange how life goes around....... in 04 i wrote the corrective positions for the Geometry on the IS200/300 by request from LOC..... never expecting such volume to request correction...... The provenance visible from this has opened eyes in many forums and Dealers to the extent WIM can argue on your behalf.....and i love it!!!

The Moderators know i make nothing from any set-up i do and have permitted me to expand here, from this observation i have realised WIM could have a real chance to continue this without the distractions of STS... that's good for you....... and me!

all sounds great Tony, all the best you know you can do what ever you want......

Mat.... you would not believe the information this machine will deliver......

How about for the 'Drifty' seeing...

The cradle symmetry over the tyres actual radius picturing the steering position during weight transfer and displaying the toe curve in the processes...... it will position roll centre and display the actual 'scrub radius' during any lock position, including bump steer and Delta curve..... and how is this for 'flash' if needs be any corrections at the chassis can be done 'live' without the wheel even on the car?.... the machine will image the angles via the brake disc!

all sounds great Tony, all the best you know you can do what ever you want......

Mat.... you would not believe the information this machine will deliver......

How about for the 'Drifty' seeing...

The cradle symmetry over the tyres actual radius picturing the steering position during weight transfer and displaying the toe curve in the processes...... it will position roll centre and display the actual 'scrub radius' during any lock position, including bump steer and Delta curve..... and how is this for 'flash' if needs be any corrections at the chassis can be done 'live' without the wheel even on the car?.... the machine will image the angles via the brake disc!

.........n i c e B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links