Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Left Channel Cutting Out/lost When Playing Cd, Tuner And Tape Ok

Hi

I am having trouble with my IS300 stock stereo.

It was fine until a couple of weeks ago.

Now the left channel is cutting out/lost when playing CDs. If you shift the balance fully over to the left you get a hissing and a faint version of the music - occasionally trying to play at normal volume for a moment. The front and rear left speakers are the same.

The Right channel is working fine front and rear.

This problem is the same with any CD.

When you switch to the tuner it works fine FM or AM through all speakers and sounds normal.

Could anyone help me with where to look first? Does this imply it's a problem indside the head unit itself?

I've done a search and got the instructionsto remove this but not what to look at inside it?

I can't find anyone else who has had this problem, which seems odd. Is there anything a lay person could do?

Alternatively anyone know a good place to go to near Coventry/Rugby?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Smyggy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links