Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Road-safety Adverts

lelandv

Over 30-odd years of biking, nearly all for fun, I have found other drivers on the road to be fine, and virtually never been seriously put out by other driver's road manners. I didn't exactly pussyfoot around either, but just made sure they saw me coming, and got swiftly past anyone who I felt hadn't seen me. Loud pipes helped in this regard, and they even stopped pedestrians stepping out in front of me (yes really!).

Loud pipes save lives! (but that's another campaign)

I did cringe every time I started up the blade when I went to France with 5 traffic/ bike pursuit cops in september though (especially as they were my best mates work colleagues and a lot older than me).

Having "not for road use" on the endcan is a giveaway too.

Mind you when any of them were behind me they all loved the sound it made (on the rare I occasion I accelerated in a tunnel).

Now that I've "retired" to the ranks of the car driving majority, I like to think I'll keep up the same courtesy I've tried to employ in the past (I do miss the Termignonis though)

Them termi's do sound nice too :D

I ride 2 sorts of bike, The first is a Pan European, White and has all sorts of things on it to make me very visable to other road users, The second is a 2001 Blade that I also ride with as much conspicuacy aids as possible and ride them in the same manner, However drivers seem to see my work bike no problem.. Maybe the answer is seeing what you dont want to see. Road safety is eveyones responsibility. I do agree that bikers who drive cars are less likely to pull out on other road users probably because we know it hurts..

One of the traffic police who came to France had a pan as his own bike as well as his work bike, I loved it. I fancy one in a few years but can't bear to change the blade just yet.

One of the traffic police who came to France had a pan as his own bike as well as his work bike, I loved it. I fancy one in a few years but can't bear to change the blade just yet.

Yes, there is something about a Blade. I had one for 6 years, an early RRN. What a stonking bike :D :D :D

It was a real Jekyl and Hyde. Just so easy to ride slowly, but just twist the throttle in any gear and away it went. One of the few bikes I ever owned where I could drop down 2 gears at 100 mph and take off like a scolded cat. Not on UK mainland though! And I found it quite comfy too.

Ah! Nostalgia rules.......... :P

Ian B :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links