Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Geometry Check

Mr Morse

It's been 3 weeks since I had the new HKS coilovers fitted, so time for a geometry check as I've raised the car by approx 10mm at the rear.

I went along to Nottingham 4 Wheel Alignment Services, who've had some favourable reports on other forums. They are able to test low rides where the top of the tyre is tucked inside the arch and use a camera alignment system that is accurate to 0.5mm. Their system is calibrated every 6 months (the certificate is displayed) and they are subcontracted to do alignments for the local Porsche and Ferrari dealers.

I was also impressed that they were fully aware that the Lexus IS suffered from a poor initial geometry setup.

Tony Bones had already done a recommended setting for me and the guys were happy to follow his numbers. As it was, the IS300 setup on the alignment system and Tony's numbers were pretty close!

The check took only 30 mins to complete, with a couple of minor adjustments:

1) Rear camber corrected to 1deg -ve

2) Front total toe corrected to 0.07'

3) Steering wheel centralised

@ Tony Bones: These guys really know their stuff! I would suggest that you give them a call and see if they meet your criteria as a recommended geometry centre.

The total cost was £40 + VAT

med_gallery_8450_122_63181.jpg

med_gallery_8450_122_1821.jpg

Sounds fantastic! Well Done.

Does the car feel any better after the check? :D

Too early to comment on the handling as I only drove a couple of miles back home thru town. It's good to have the streering wheel properly aligned though! :D

Looks good.... couple of areas i don't like, but that's because I'm a fussy Ba*tard!

I will give them a ring tomorrow and see how they set their pricing.... and if they can mail me some geometry examples then based on your good word i will put then in WIM....(well Ahmet will)

I was considering removing the 'Trusted centers' section from WIM, since i am directly accountable for the recommendation.... before anyone thinks it Drury are still #1 on my list.....one trip does'nt mean a broken nose.

But some of the others need constant monituring and this takes valuable time away from me...... anyway i will contact N4WAS and see how things sound :D

• 2 months later...

Any news on this one, I was thinking of using them real soon!

Still no complaints........ if i were you i would 'go for it'! Nottingham do a very good job.

Oh but still make sure they know you will post the printout in the forum..... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links