Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Needed Re Coolant Change Problem

aski

Need help guys. Changed the coolant tonight for the 60k service and not really had a problem doing the job.

However after finishing I have taken the car for a spin (approx 3 miles) just to see if the system had any trapped air in, as others have experianced it previously.

Couldn't hear any trapped air, but the car is now overheating like a b*tch :tsktsk:

Why may this have happened?

Dunno about any other is200 owners out there but my temp gauge hasn't gone past the half way mark before so im extremely concerned.

It did go right into the red and when I switched engine off you could hear it bubbling.

Dunno weather this will help but the heater has also stopped producing warm air.

I did follow the advice given to me by Monster Mat in a previous post

"when filling up, once you have about 2 litres in the radiator, switch on the engine, turn the heater to full heat and medium fan setting

keep topping up the radiator till its full, (the temp should start to move of cold) once the guage starts rising close the rad cap, top the expansion bottle upto the mark indicated, run upto full temp.

switch of engine, alow to fully cool, top up if needed"

Whats the cure guys???

I'm 99% convinced you have air trapped in the system. Try this:

Loosen the rad cap to the first notch, not totally open. This will allow the system to breathe to the atmosphere. Turn the heater to hot, medium blower as Mat suggests. Leave the engine to run until properly warm. Switch off, seal the rad cap and then run the engine again for a few mins.

Repeat the above until the air is expelled totally.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links