Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200

I have had my 53 plate IS for a couple of months and always used norm unleaded but are the claims of BP Ultimate ect valid.

Ie, do you get more mpg and is it better for the engine.

I have also read that if you change to higher octane fuels you need to reset the ECU, as I do not fancy messing with the electronics will I gain anything just by pouring the stuff in.

Just another question, when driving the other day I was hit with 2 beeps from somewhere, no warning lights came on and has not done it since. Anything to worry about or not.

Apparently you do get better mpg but as the difference in cost is higher It seems pointless. Throttle response is supposed to be better to. Although I cannot confirm this as I have not tried the stuff.

Jason (jiberjaber)

Has an excel list that he has posted many times before .......... shows the comparisons for all the different types of petrol he has used, from various petrol stations ........

I'm sure he will be along .... :shifty:

Jason (jiberjaber)

Has an excel list that he has posted many times before .......... shows the comparisons for all the different types of petrol he has used, from various petrol stations ........

:lol:

I use it, try to get BP ulitimate when posS. But only because EVO says it gave them 5bhp or so more power than others.

I think it gives more response to throttle.

It only costs me £3 a week more so its ok. But I ponder it every time I fill up.

I have 53plate auto and I find I do get extra milage from 98+ Ron fuel either optimax or BP Ultimate on M'ways. However through towns little difference,

I did run the car on optimax for a while, but as I drive mostly around town, didn't see any better mileage. As others have said, the throttle response was much better, and the engine sounded a lot sweeter :)

However, fuel prices then got stupid, so went back to ordinary unleaded :angry:

It is strange switching back tho, the engine almost sounds ill :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...
Jason (jiberjaber)

IS200_MPG.jpg

IS300_MPG.jpg

Statto! :lol: :winky:

:lol:

Yup... was going to put up a web page with it all in, but ICBA :lol:

So, looking at the IS200 AUTO BP SUL v BP UL - you paid 10.84% more for the SUL, but got 11.82% more miles.

:D

So I get better response, better sound and better MPG by sticking with BP Ultimate :D :D Thought so.

But then, as we have a Shell depo in Leeds, am I realy putting BP in or is it Shell SUL ?

So, looking at the IS200 AUTO BP SUL v BP UL - you paid 10.84% more for the SUL, but got 11.82% more miles.

Don't forget that the BP SUL figure will have a greater uncertainty associated with it due to the lower total L used. The Safeway, Tesco and Esso figures aren't worth comparing just yet, need a few more tank loads before the numbers become more meaningful :)

Nice collection of stats tho. I've done the same thing for NZ brands. Wonder if all Jason's are stats freaks?...

Don't forget that the BP SUL figure will have a greater uncertainty associated with it due to the lower total L used. The Safeway, Tesco and Esso figures aren't worth comparing just yet, need a few more tank loads before the numbers become more meaningful :)

Nice collection of stats tho. I've done the same thing for NZ brands. Wonder if all Jason's are stats freaks?...

hehe maybe...

Dont forget... the IS200 stats wont be moving anymore as the car is gone.. its the IS300 now :)

I might get round to changing over to another brand for comparison some time, I have been putting shell in for a long time now, so might be time for a change! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links