Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Remote Doesn't Work With Key

I only have the one key for my LS400 but it is the master one. Recently it stopped unlocking the doors remotely with the button on the key.

I have put a new Battery in the key but it still doesn't unlock remotely, only with the key itself, any suggestions?

Also the car Battery is getting a bit tired, how much for a new one and any precautions to take re the immobilisation etc?

TIA and a Happy New Year.

I only have the one key for my LS400 but it is the master one. Recently it stopped unlocking the doors remotely with the button on the key.

I have put a new battery in the key but it still doesn't unlock remotely, only with the key itself, any suggestions?

Also the car battery is getting a bit tired, how much for a new one and any precautions to take re the immobilisation etc?

Not being funny but have you checked the switch that turns of the remote operation (down by the steering wheel). This had me foxed for about 2 weeks as I'd not knowingly turned it off and had forgotten about it - must have nudged it by accident!

Hope this helps

John

I have put a new battery in the key but it still doesn't unlock remotely, only with the key itself, any suggestions?

Also the car battery is getting a bit tired, how much for a new one and any precautions to take re the immobilisation etc?

I reiterate Johns previous comments it is very easy to turn off the operating switch this must be your first check.

Regarding vehicle batteries I have just had to change mine and have done a fair bit of research into them in the course of this have helped to rewrite Exides catalogue.

I was informed by my local dealer that a Battery from your local Lexus dealer will probably be made by YUASA and not original equipment, this due to the weight involved and shipping costs.

I checked the performance of most available batteries and in my humble opinion the Exide TE range offers best performance and value.

I did have a hell of a job though obtaining the correct Battery due to incorrect information being printed in their catalogue and on their website, the correct batteries are:

!990 - 97 MK's 1,2&3 W249TE

1998 - on W030TE JIS code 80D26L (Jap. Ind. Standard)

The TE range offers a 4 year guarantee and far superior CCA (cold cranking amps) performance as well as improved amp hour performance.

I paid approx £55 (trade) for a W030TE and was quoted £77 for a Lexus YUASA.

I am writing this at work if anyone wants the performance figures for the Exide batteries get in touch and I will go through my catalouges to supply it.

Regards,

Chris Vince

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links