Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Scraping Yer Back Box...

Lex-aholic

I've got a Kazama muffler on the back of the IS200 and find that going over those bl**ping speed bumps (no blame to Prolex BTW :winky: ) are a bit of a pain in the arse.

How many others off you have had this problem with yer back boxes (whatever make), and have you done anything to sort it ?

I did have a look into bending those hooks at the back by the box so that it raises it a touch, but it then pulls the whole pipe up to the chassis a bit further down, and doesn't allow enough give.

I took the car down the docks a couple of weeks ago to park in an outside car park (on cobble stones). Didn't bl00dy see the dip on the way into the car park and scraped about an inch in on the box ! :angry: I was a bit peeved to put it polite, but as the scrape was underneath the box (which you can't see) I kinda got over it quite quick. :D Plus it didn't dent - phew

Mines probably only scraped once or twice ..... but you really felt it when it did !

Didn't do anything with it though ........ just ignored it. It's going to suffer some scratches sureley ..... so long as u don't cut a chunk out of the bottom, and have leaking exhaust gases, I wouldn't worry!

But ........ just drive slower over speed humps.

I tend to ***** people off big time, when I go over the speed humps so slowly, then speed off to the next one ... and sloooooowley again !

Oh well, guess they just have to wait ! Lexus coming through ! :D

Mines probably only scraped once or twice ..... but you really felt it when it did !

Didn't do anything with it though ........ just ignored it. It's going to suffer some scratches sureley ..... so long as u don't cut a chunk out of the bottom, and have leaking exhaust gases, I wouldn't worry!

But ........ just drive slower over speed humps.

I tend to ***** people off big time, when I go over the speed humps so slowly, then speed off to the next one ... and sloooooowley again !

Oh well, guess they just have to wait ! Lexus coming through !  :D

Haha - we'll start calling you the traffic jam maker :D

I had to put some more concrete on the bottom of our driveway when I first had the muffler as it scraped at the bottom of that. So that's another hump I have to drive over every day !

Oh well, guess they just have to wait ! Lexus coming through !  :D

Exactly what i do mate :D

But it really pisses me off when i'm in my van stuck behind someone who's doing the exact same thing :duh:

Mines probably only gone fast once or twice ..... but you really felt it when it did !

I tend to ***** people off big time, when I drive so slowly

Oh well, guess they just have to wait ! Lexus coming through .....painfully slow!  :D

so, you admit it finally... :)

Mines probably only gone fast once or twice ..... but you really felt it when it did !

I tend to ***** people off big time, when I drive so slowly

Oh well, guess they just have to wait ! Lexus coming through .....painfully slow!  :D

so, you admit it finally... :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links