Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dubai

Anees

Hi guys,

I have been invited over to stay with a friend of mine from University in Dubai!! Its just what I need. :D

He has said I can stay with him, but the rest of his family will be with him and I think that it will be inconveniant for him to allow me and my mate to stay. He says he doesn't mind but I'd rather not take advantage of his kind nature. His place is also 25km away from all the attractions.

I'm sure many people on here must have been to Dubai. Flights this time of year cost a fortune but I have today managed to provisionally book two seats on Qatar Airways over the Christmas period.

Can anyone recommend some cheap places to stay for a few days? Thinking of staying at a hotel for about 5 days and then maybe stay 2 days at my mates house. Not after anything fancy, just two single rooms to stay.

What are the places to visit? to eat? shopping?

How do I get around?

What's car hire like in Dubai?

Infact, whats the standard of driving like? Any Sat Nav available? :lol::lol:

Apparently taxi's are very expensive.

Can anyone recommend any excursions to do?

I have never been to Dubai before so any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anees

having been twice, i can say that nothing in Dubai is cheap, but its a nice place to go anyway......

i was lucky work paid for my trip to the middle east :D

Food is very reasonable ;) Cars are (practically) tax free and fuel is cheap!! Lots of Lexi to choose from ;) SAT NAV might be in arabic tho..

having been twice, i can say that nothing in Dubai is cheap, but its a nice place to go anyway......

i was lucky work paid for my trip to the middle east :D

Food is very reasonable ;) Cars are (practically) tax free and fuel is cheap!! Lots of Lexi to choose from ;) SAT NAV might be in arabic tho..

add the cost of importing it then to the UK :winky:

When I was last there, they had a Ferrari being raffled in the Airport :D But we were only passing through.

Will be staying for a few days at the end of Feb on our way back from Sri Lanka, so let us know what to look out for :D

is expensive to stay, but nearly all the hotels are above normal standards

taxis are very reasonable , dont accept tips and are metered and safe

food brought at local take aways is very cheap and good

food in resturants is expensive but very good

no bars !, but hotels serve drinks, certain days no drinks anywhere

fairly safe to walk around at night although normal cautions should be taken

loads of shopping, cheap designer gear, fakes, jewellery

not a lot of nightlife as in clubs,

desert trips are a must to do

beaches are fantastic

locals appear to not be that friendly, but smile and talk to them and they are fine

one of my favourite places :D

Thanks for all the great info, especially Bazza! :D

Just been looking on the AVIS website and I can rent a car (Mazda 3) from the Airport for 8 days for £140 ish. This split 3 ways should make it pretty reasonable to have a car for the duration of the trip and hopefully we can get around easily.

Just looking on the net for the Dubai equiverlent of the Highway Code - or are the rules? THERE are no rules! :lol:

Whats the name of that 7* Hotel that everyone talks about? Definetly want to visit it for afternoon tea. Need to see if they have a dress code.

I have found a few pretty cheap hotels for around £30 -£40 a night, which I think is reasonable.

http://www.asiarooms.com/united_arab_emira.../san_marco.html

Thanks for the help so far. :D

Burj Al Arab...saw a discovery programme on it.. amazing!!  :)

It is sheer oppulance

bit tacky to be honest, and well........darned expensive £20+ for a bottle of budwieser

smart dress at all times !

we stayed in the partner hotel on the beach "jumeria beach hotel", which was fantastic and far more relaxed and it had a beach !!,

wild wadi is next door , a water theme park , also worth a visit, watch the sun though cause it will fry you

Oh and dont steal anything or they will have your hands off lol!!  :D

Enjoy yourself.

Dubai is the most westernised of the UAE so they don't chop hands off. If we were in Saudi on the other hand........ :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links