Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What's Silver, Luxurious, Sporty

Did you guess it?

An IS200 Sport with Styling Kit. Cost £24k, 2.5 years old. Valued this week against a new IS250 SE with metallic and auto, IS200 value £11k. That means devalued exactly £100 per week.

Spooky and not nice.

Did you guess it?

An IS200 Sport with Styling Kit. Cost £24k, 2.5 years old. Valued this week against a new IS250 SE with metallic and auto,  IS200 value £11k. That means devalued exactly £100 per week.

Spooky and not nice.

Bearing in mind they have to sell the car on and work on at least a £2k margin.....

Apart from which, what car doesn't lose money the minute you drive it away?

Although what is scary, Boxters and the BMW Mini hold their value relatively well....... :huh:

Did you guess it?

An IS200 Sport with Styling Kit. Cost £24k, 2.5 years old. Valued this week against a new IS250 SE with metallic and auto,  IS200 value £11k. That means devalued exactly £100 per week.

Spooky and not nice.

That's nothing, whoever bought my Camry first did even worse, they paid £29800 for mine, and I bought it 2 1/2 years later for £10995, so they probably only got £9k tops for it, thats £160 a week, lots of used car for the money, that's why I wanted one!

Did you guess it?

Spooky and not nice.

Yours is the same as mine, and i got offered £12750 against 2nd hand 330d sport BMW :ph34r:

Does seem on the low side for its age

the IS has shown predicted residuals of 52% after 3 years which isn't bad if thats what you actually get, seems Lexus dealers value them the lowest tho :huh:

those figures are normally published in the back Autocar, but I think What car had the same value

Just out of curiosity I have had a delve into Parkers prices yesterday.

Now I know the reaction but :

Skoda 2.0 TDI PD Elegance 5d DSG 2004/04 has lost £5792

Lexus IS Saloon 2.0 SE 4d Auto 2004/04 has lost £7040

The Skoda started life at circa £19k and the Lexus at £21k so it's not as if the Skoda is a £10k car that has nowhere to lose it's value.

What is the world coming to ?

Just did a quick tot based on what I reckon my car would sell for on open market in Ireland............ it's losing aroung €98 a week but thats less than £70............. :duh:

Did the same for my last car (2001 1.6 Avensis which I bought at 6 months old and sold after 2.5 yrs) and it only lost €65/ week which is about £45 :huh:

£100 a week seems too much

Seems like its actually far better to lease/rent a car at that rate!!!

Cant believe the trade in value they gave you Steve.

My car is slightly older, with Nav. I bought it used from a Lex dealer, but paid £16k for it exactly a year ago now.

Dont tell me its lost around £5k in a year!!!!

Even with a markup that Lex put on at £2k, i've still lost £3k in depreciation!!!

WDF!

:tsktsk:

Forgive me all you style gurus, but doesn't a "styling kit" have a negative affect on dealer valuations?

I've had an ongoing debate with my son on this issue, ever since he decided to personalise his Saxo with lowered supension, low profile alloys and cosmetic body bits. He thinks it enhances it's value because it looks good, but then he hasn't tried to trade it in yet....!

IanB :D

Forgive me all you style gurus, but doesn't a "styling kit" have a negative affect on dealer valuations?

I've had an ongoing debate with my son on this issue, ever since he decided to personalise his Saxo with lowered supension, low profile alloys and cosmetic body bits. He thinks it enhances it's value because it looks good, but then he hasn't tried to trade it in yet....!

I struggled to find the spec I wanted (with the styling kit, nav, 18" wheels).

So, its kind of related to consumer demand I guess.

There's always a spec for everyone...

D.

After market styling mods are a world apart from proper factory/dealer fitted mods though. The styling kit that Derek and Steve has consists of the TTE front bumper, rear lip and styling 18's so not over the top and naturally fits perfectly.

I would hope most people would see that as an enhancement rather than detracting from its value

yes its Spooky and not nice. but i bet it will not stop you going out and geting a new!! car next time will it :yawn: ...............we all know how much the price off a NEW car drops as soon you get it................But you know whats more Spooky! you will still go and get a new car! knowing all this before hand ;)

If you ask me any one that go,s and buys a new car needs to go and see a Doc..... :duh: if you know how much the price drops off a new car when you pick it up then why buy NEW!!

OK your IS cost 24K new and now you can only get 11K for it, but you have had the use off it for the past 2.5 years so its cost you 13K in that time, now work out how much it would have cost you to rent a IS for 2.5 years i bet it comes out a lot more ;)

I've bought newish cars for a while now, got board/p1ssed of with them and quite often change after a year or so loosing on average about £3k ish per year in value, maybe more if I really looked into it, so if I loose the same having bought this new then I guess I'm no worse off.

At least I actaully like this car :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links