Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Time to ask the question again.

Anyone been successful in plumbing in their iPod into their RX300? I saw Dension had a new accessory which supposedly works via ANY car other than Volvo via the aerial connector on the back of the unit. Lexus GB are not very helpful in regard to this subject and my dealer says there are only multi-connector ports on the rear of the unit. The european units are supposedly different to the US ones despite on the outside looking identical. In the US it seems you can get iPod installations for Lexus but the same manufacturer (Dension) does not show Lexus comptability on their worldwide/european site.

I don't want to use a FM transmitter as there are way too many stories of them not working very well without constant tyuning or degradation of sound quality. I fundamentally want a neat installation wioth just one connector for line out and charging and ideally control from the head unit rather than the iPod.

Hope someone can throw some light on this.

br

D

Wife has one and once you find a good frequency it works fine, bit annoying initially till you find a suitable "unused" frequency. I borrowed it for a trip to Hull (from Glasgow) and got no interference at all, so not as bad as some make out. Might be more of an issue in London ?

Newest iTRIP also now have a display and adjustment buttons on it so switching frequencies is now easier.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links