Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Another Smash

Moffet

Well, my Lex has again got to go in for repairs, following someone smashing into the back of me on a dual carraigeway (I had to stop because of an obstruction - a truck I didn't really want to argue with!) and he was too close. Bang! My Lex is a good few inches shorter now.

This comes just 4 monhs after this. I don't seem to have much luck with this car because I've only had it 6 months!

Garage estimates around £2.5k to repair so it shouldn't be a write off. I think I'll struggle to sell the car now though when I eventually get rid of it. I love the car but one more accident and it has to go!

I was just starting on some beginner modding too...

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics of the damage :shutit: :

Damage to bumper, rear wing, light cluster, exhaust etc

post-9721-1132963199.jpg

The boot lid is actually still in the correct place, the rest isn't!

post-9721-1132963220.jpg

Some of the damage to boot floor.

post-9721-1132963212.jpg

Car goes into the bodyshop on Monday and they want it for two weeks. It's a Toyota bodyshop so I'm guessing I'll be getting a Yaris courtesy car.

Just hope the insurance company get the other party to cough up!

I actually have a chrome tip for the exhaust that I bought from the Lexus dealer just before the smash. Didn't think there was any point in putting it on until after it was repaired. It will look a whole load better than the one on there at the moment!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry...forgot to update this!

Got the car back from the Toyota garage just over a week ago. Very happy with the service. They fitted my sport grille (that was in the boot and still in the box after collecting it from the dealer), touched up all of my stone chips and gave it a good polish with Diamond Brite, all free of charge! :D Actually the Diamond Brite was on the invoice but still, I wasn't paying!

They replaced the boot floor, rear light cluster and rear tailpipe (but only with the stainless steel one - although I've fitted my chrome tip now) as well as the obvious parts. Total cost was about £2.5k - I just need the insurance company to get their finger out in chasing the responsible party, because I want my excess back and this accident off my claims record! How long do these things normally take?

They also did a full geometry, but I had to take their word for it because their printer was "broken" and so couldn't give me a printout. The car does handle much better than when it went in, but still doesn't feel 100% perfect. I know a trip to Dr Bones would do wonders but it is nearly a 600 mile round trip to Watford! One of these days I'll get round to doing it...

Actually got round to taking some photo's too, and applying some of the small mods I've collected so might be able to create a garage soon...

Eventually got round to doing my garage tonight so take a look at the pics in there! They were all taken a couple of days after I got it back.

I know that people say the car is never the same after an accident, but this time it was better after the second accident than it was before it! It never handled right after the first one, but the second garage (I wouldn't let the first garage at it again!) did a much better job and it feels a lot better.

Probably not as good as before the first accident but I think the different tyres (Dunlops all round, wheras Bridgestones before) could be contributing also.

As I said, I think I need a trip to the Geometry Doctor to be sure all is as it should be!

Eventually got round to doing my garage tonight so take a look at the pics in there! They were all taken a couple of days after I got it back.

I know that people say the car is never the same after an accident, but this time it was better after the second accident than it was before it! It never handled right after the first one, but the second garage (I wouldn't let the first garage at it again!) did a much better job and it feels a lot better.

Probably not as good as before the first accident but I think the different tyres (Dunlops all round, wheras Bridgestones before) could be contributing also.

As I said, I think I need a trip to the Geometry Doctor to be sure all is as it should be!

Mate sorry about the accident........ remember it's not the cars fault....

This geometry issue is vital in respect to handling and tyre wear..... i really would advise you have the car measured if only to confirm the repair!...... you don't need to come to me for help.. (no-one) does, all i need is the print-out and i will validate it for you, if from that there is a problem i will consult directly with the repairer or who ever set the geo.... leave all the techy bit to me!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links