Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Non-stock Wheels Affect On Resale Value?

jgreer

I'm the owner of a 2001 IS200 SE that has recently been violated and I need to replace all the wheels and tyres.

Here are my options:

===========

1.) Buy stock new wheels and tyres from lexus (approx. £2500). I'm not made of money.

2.) Buy used wheels with used tyres and pay to refurbish them. (approx 660, but hard to find ones not corroded and thus, non-refurbishable)

3.) Buy new non-stock 17" alloys with good tyres (price varies from approx 500 - 900 pound)

===========

So, question is: How much will using non-lexus wheels affect my re-sale value? Also, which wheels would seasoned afficionadoes recommend?

thanks in advance for any and all input.

?????? £2500 for a set of Lexus Stock Wheels ????? :crying:

You can get some real deep dish chrome rims for that.

I think Kam05 is right in saying that it will make your car more saleable when you have the original Lexus wheels on it, but for what it's worth some rims (like the RS4 replica kind - the simple slatted look) are quite appealable to the majority of people. You just ain't gotta go over the top on the design.

If I was in your shoes, I would probably end up asking around (especially on a Club site like this) to see if anybody has there originals for sale.

?????? £2500 for a set of Lexus Stock Wheels ????? :crying:

You can get some real deep dish chrome rims for that. 

I think Kam05 is right in saying that it will make your car more saleable when you have the original Lexus wheels on it, but for what it's worth some rims (like the RS4 replica kind - the simple slatted look) are quite appealable to the majority of people.  You just ain't gotta go over the top on the design.

If I was in your shoes, I would probably end up asking around (especially on a Club site like this) to see if anybody has there originals for sale.

I hear you. I'm looking on eBay, for stock wheels, and can probably do okay between 300-500. however, you can't really tell the quality of the wheel online.

But... that price is what the dealership charges. 415 for 1 new stock 17" alloy wheel (not including VAT). Then the tire runs you another 100 (not including VAT). This doesn't include the wheel covers or the lug nuts or locking lug nuts.

I am not sure whether Mark (Lexus Teeside) can get hold of any more of these as when i got mine i got hold of a set from an order that he placed ages ago as they just werent supplying him due to his prices.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links