Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Do I Scrap It Or Fix It?

jgreer

while on holiday, my 2001 IS200 ES Y-reg with Satnav was stripped while in my garage.

The wheels, tyres, and satnav system were stolen. I called the dealer for some estimates on parts and the sat nav was astronomical. was like 8,000 pounds!!!

I don't even owe that much on the bloody car.

My insurance won't cover the vehicle. Should I scrap it, or try to get it running and sell it?

Hoping for some good advice.

Update:

Yes, the situation makes me pretty sad. :crybaby:

Great advice everyone, though . I found a place with satnav for about 670 GBP. think I'm going to do this. Also found some wheels and am considering using a wheel refurbisher.

found Virgin Insurance does limited term insurance so I can get coverage till I sell the car.

Basically, looks like I may be on the road to recovery.

Problem now is the Battery. I thought it was dead before I left. Now, I bought a charger and took the Battery in. Looks like the Battery is good. Tested it with an electrical tester.

Now, I'm wondering if the bastards weren't casing my car a long time ago. :angry: Wondering if they did something to it to disable it or something. Not really sure.

I'll possibly create a new thread

OMG - take it your garage was all locked up etc.... makes you wonder what this world is coming to. Someone knew you were on your hols for sure.

Why won't the insurance cover this, the car was under lock and key ??

Feel for you

I'd sell the car, not worth the hassle, you'll always be wondering whether the cars still in one piece

BR

Paul

i think what he is meaning is it will be an insurance write off

In which case, I doubt that it will be worth getting back on the road, especially if the car history says that it has been a write off. Puts some people off, and you've gotta explain it everytime someone asks.

Bit of a bummer to put it very politely. Must have put a downer on your holiday.

D.

why wont the insurance cover it ?

the problem is to replace like for like from lexus will cost a fortune

try ebay or breakers

failing that turn it into a race/drift car  :D

The insurance ran out while I was away. I had planned on selling the car anyway and kept it locked in a secured underground garage.

I made a mistake in not keeping it insured, so hopefully this is a lesson to others.

Either way, I have to make the best of it now.

buy some cheap wheels

and im sure some of the members have the basic airvents non nav kicking about as they have swapped them for satnav screens (hope one of them wasnt yours :( )

eBay and breakers are your best bet here.

altho the standard lexus wheels are often found for sale on this site too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links