Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clutch Judder Inspection

R1nG@

Guys, I know this has been covered previously, so don't shoot me down!!!!

Basically I've had some clutch judder on my Sportcross since I got it in February, and seeing as the warrrenty expires early next year, I thought I'd get it looked at in good time for any problems to get sorted out.

Dropped it into Hatfield this morning for them to look into it. The service guy ran me back to work in my Sportcross hoping to experience the judder - needless to say it never happened!!!!

I just wanted you guys to let me know how they might explain the judder to get out of replacing the clutch or anything related.

Any info to prepare me and make me look like I know what I'm talking about greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

Matt

Mine only really seems to happen if its very cold - and only does it rarely. My old car did it a fair bit though, I could be wrong, but I think its just wear on the clutch? It also depends on how you drive it, if you give it a fair few revs when you pull off you can do it without juddering. So, it could depend on how the mechanic drives as to wether he will experience the problem. They will have many cases of this reporetd, i'm sure they will know how to fix it. If you are lucky they might give you a new clutch.

Cheers for the replies guys, but I need some technical info so I dont get fobbed off by a mechanic who thinks I dont know any better!!!!

What are the possible parts that could be required, apart from a whole new clutch??

TIA

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links