Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Decided To Put Her Up For Sale!

TheDon

Well i had a big decision to make, either keep modding my IS200 or start again....

The start again over rided my better half of my brain...

So i put my deposit down on a new nissan Navara !

Decided to go down the big truck route, as there is more i can do to it with regards to the show scene.

but its still jap!

Seeing as the car did so well this year at the shows i thought it wont be as hard next year to do well so i wanted to set myself a challenge.

Its not a bad thing to move over to as it has a 174bhp Turbo Diesel, 6 speed gear box with cruise control and so much more.

but after taking one for a test drive today i realised its actualy much better and just as luxury as my car but it does 31mpg and is damn big!

only thing is im completely unsure of how to price my car, or if i should return her to standard and sell the bits on?

The magazine feature comes out in issue 9 (Jan) of J-Tuner so cant realy use them to put a note next to the issue as some do..

I know chris shipley sold his IS for £16k or so, but his is 2 years younger than mine, but i have a £2k retrim along with a very expensive re-spray etc.

So again not sure how to guage the costs as to value.

any help apreciated

Blimey what's going on, we're all selling up this week :lol:

I'm putting mine back to standard then using it as trade in against something else, in your case mate due to the retrim etc I think you may as well leave her as is and sell it all as a package.

You could always sell the supercharger but you're stuck with the interior as is (but saying that it does look very good) - I just think someone would be getting a really good show car, like Bazza's and Chris's if you sold it all as a single unit.

If someone had wanted to buy the car I would have sold it as is but I have the problem of finance still outstanding etc etc.

Good luck mate either way anyway :)

cheers fella, it is difficult when you know as soon as you sell it to someone for £14k that you realise that you have lost over £14k+

but its better to lose that rather than more.

nissan-navara-f3q.jpg

Not gonna be many people willing to buy a brand new truck and make her a bit special next year!

plus seeing as the mitsi, Hilux etc all have under 130bhp it will be one of the most powerful!

Also it has over 400 ftlb of torque! and is damn drivable! not noisy at all!

still gonna keep the JD theme though!

Looking forward to seeing it pal :)

me too, just went to see the baby again in the show room! mmmmmmm chunky car!!! i just love the fact its so damn big!

but also the fact that it has so much potential!

the engine bay is going to have even more bling than ever, as well as plenty of other mods!

plus its still gonna be practival, what more could i want

That's what a cute chick told me last night until I zipped my trousers back up :lol:

Can you get a lot of mods for these trucks then or will you have to do it all yourself?

A nice big set of shiny wheels would look very good on there :D

well so far the plan is a set of 22" black centre rims, custom front bull bars, truck bed, interior parts door steps engine bay..... the list goes on.

plus there is a big market for these bits as i can add company logos and names into the cutting etc.

Cool mate, think CMD will do pretty well with that lot in your portfolio too!!

Some of those iForged rims like Am has would go very nicely, been looking at some of their range on is300.net today, they make some very nice alloys!

only problem is the truck rims have to be damn strong as this puppy can tow up to 4.5 tonnes whilst carrying a 1 ton load on the back!

combined with the origional weight it def exceeds the 600kg per rim most wheels have ratings for which puts them into ££££ range!

So it still won't be cheap to mod :lol:

At the rate things are going lately I think we'll have to ask Steve to set up www.exlexusownersclub.co.uk for those of us who have moved on to pastures new so we can all still catch up :D

good luck with the project but ......

bull bars.....        dangerous things, ok in african bush  but not in europe.

only for the people you hit!

nah its just gonna be a light duty item

Good luck mate with the new vehicle

Somehow i dnt think shows will be the same with all these top cars being sold on

come on new members get yourself to shows and get modding

maybe the new blood will step up n raise the bar a bit!

it will be a shame to let her go, but i will get myself another lexus!

Good luck mate with the new vehicle

Somehow i dnt think shows will be the same with all these top cars being sold on

come on new members get yourself to shows and get modding

maybe the new blood will step up n raise the bar a bit!

it will be a shame to let her go, but i will get myself another lexus!

I'm trying to do my bit to replace some of these cars that are leaving us! Come on new members get some loans organised!!!

Wow.

I guess there comes a time when they feel its time to move on.

G'luck with the big truck Chris.

You'll still be working on manufacturing mods for the Lexus though right?

Hopefully your car will still stay within the LOC community :)

D.

still gonna keep the JD theme though!

i see your helping out with the current culture of drink driving.......

Sure am!!!

Makes those traffic jams just melt away!!!

ear, doesnt having a bottle of JD and glasses in the back seat make you a LIMO

Wow.

I guess there comes a time when they feel its time to move on.

G'luck with the big truck Chris.

You'll still be working on manufacturing mods for the Lexus though right?

Hopefully your car will still stay within the LOC community  :)

D.

sure will be keeping on with the manufacturing of parts for all cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links