Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

E-shift + Etc Pwr

MrADeveci

Whilst playing around with my e-shift today .......... I wondered.

By using the e-shift drive system ............. does it make any difference when you put on the pwr button ? I would have thought that it didn't make any difference, as your changing up and down your self anyway !

............... am I wrong ? :blink:

dunno...auto's are for homos

but as you havnt bothered to use the search function, i suppose ill help you out.........

the pwr button holds the car in gear longer allowing for more use of the rpm range and more of the cars powerr rrrrrrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrr rr r

dunno...auto's are for homos

but as you havnt bothered to use the search function, i suppose ill help you out.........

the pwr button holds the car in gear longer allowing for more use of the rpm range and more of the cars powerr rrrrrrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrr rr r

As you haven't READ it properly ........ I'll EXPLAIN.

I know what the PWR button does ....................

Try re-reading my question.

If you want optimum performance then leave it in full auto mode.....this was confirmed to me this week by someone who knows what he's talking about!  :ph34r:

Mike, I'm aware of that geezer ............ I just want to know .... if it makes any difference !!!!! :yawn:

If you want optimum performance then leave it in full auto mode.....this was confirmed to me this week by someone who knows what he's talking about!  :ph34r:

Mike, I'm aware of that geezer ............ I just want to know .... if it makes any difference !!!!! :yawn:

No, it will not make any difference when you are in manual mode. In this case it is the driver and not the ECU making the decisions and the power button is overridden by the driver.

BTW, my car also red lines at 6,400 RPM!

No, it will not make any difference when you are in manual mode. In this case it is the driver and not the ECU making the decisions and the power button is overridden by the driver.

BTW, my car also red lines at 6,400 RPM!

Yup, cheers mate ........ that's what I thought !

6,400 you say ................... hmmmmmmm

the pwr button also makes the box shift quicker,, so depending on how you use the eshift it can help,, ie if you leave it in 3, as i tend to do around town, then you cna still plant your foot down and it will shift to 2nd quicker with the pwr button on,, however if you shift down with you finger then i cant tell you that it shifts faster or slower than letting the ecu do it with or without the pwr button..

Whilst playing around with my e-shift today .......... I wondered.

By using the e-shift drive system ............. does it make any difference when you put on the pwr button ? I would have thought that it didn't make any difference, as your changing up and down your self anyway !

............... am I wrong ?  :blink:

but you don't control the change up/down with e-shift on the IS-300 only set the highest gear. Changing down a gear should happen sooner with pwr mode on.

There is also talk of pwr mode making the VSC less sensitive - difficult to tell/prove without seeing the ECU code.

So.....someone prove it to me that the power button allows for a more rapid change when in eshift mode.

Up to you

it does, you can notice it totally when in auto mode..

In full auto mode - yes, certainly, but I'm saying that the power button has no effect on the Eshift

Well the question was about "e-shift" mode ....... which is not auto mode ... and shall we say "manual" mode.

You said it makes a difference ....... when it's in auto ?

But what I was asking initially ....... and what Mike said was .... it doesn't make any difference when in e-shift 'manual' mode.

:D

Well the question was about "e-shift" mode ....... which is not auto mode ... and shall we say "manual" mode.

But what I was asking initially ....... and what Mike said was .... it doesn't make any difference when in e-shift 'manual' mode.

The PWR effect is the same in D or M, the shift program is changed.

In M mode, the same shift program is followed (as D), except you choose the highest selectable gear.

In M mode, the same shift program is followed (as D), except you choose the highest selectable gear.

I disagree. The "power" button does nothing more than increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal, there is no performance benefit whatsoever.

I disagree. The "power" button does nothing more than increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal, there is no performance benefit whatsoever.

Do you mean in M mode, or all the time?

I didn't think the throttle sensitivity was affected by anything other than SNOW mode?

thats not a contradiction, thats answering a different question,,, your a contradiction....a straight copper.... :P

thus if you increase the sensitivity then you increase performance, ie an increase in reaction times

I didn't think the throttle sensitivity was affected by anything other than SNOW mode?

I mean in both modes: The Power and Snow buttons are part of the same circuit, one increases throttle response, the other decreases it. However in Eshift mode the benefits are of no effect since the shift is made manually by the driver and not by the ECU.

If anyone wants proof of this, when I go on the strip I'll do a couple of runs in full auto and a couple in Eshift and see what the difference to the times is.

Hows about that?

I mean in both modes: The Power and Snow buttons are part of the same circuit, one increases throttle response, the other decreases it. However in Eshift mode the benefits are of no effect since the shift is made manually by the driver and not by the ECU.

No, I disagree with that - ECT PWR changes the shift program. It hangs on to gears longer and changes down sooner. I'm not aware it does anything to the ETCS.

Also, I'm a little confused by what you said there; if PWR doesn't affect gear shifting (only throttle response) what are the benefits that are lost in EShift?

If anyone wants proof of this, when I go on the strip I'll do a couple of runs in full auto and a couple in Eshift and see what the difference to the times is.

I don't see what that proves, by using e-shift you're overiding the shift program anyway.

You would need to do 2 runs in D, with & without PWR.

Are we talking at cross-purposes here? Are you talking about "M versus D" or "PWR versus normal" or what?

Hows about that?

Power mode doesn't increase the throttle sensitivity but snow mode does reduce it.

Power mode changes the shift pattern of the gearbox and at least on other Toyota models increases the line pressure which gives quicker changes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links