Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Previous Sold Is200's With Mods

jasper

Hi all,

I am just wondering if any of you guys who have had supercharged is's have sold them with all the mods still on? or have you had to strip them back to standard?

If you have sold it with all in, what do u normally get above book price with the mods? and where do u sell?

Just wondered as I have a child on the way next year and my work may also be changing (more motorway miles)

Jasp

On usual terms ......... you wouldn't get that much more with all the mods on !

The only three cars that I can really think that were all sold with a lot of mods, and not a lot of money were .........

DAZA_W : IS200 TURBO

DUNCAN : GREEN IS SUPERCHARGED

SteveAudioX : Supercharged / NOS IS200

Depends on the situation of the seller i guess... if they want quick sell they'll sell as is.

I'll be returning mine to stock if i deciede to sell end of next year.

I don't have a supercharged/modified IS, just a standard IS.....however if I had a modified IS which I was selling I would strip it back to normal, (take all mods off) and sell the car as standard. You're probably better off selling the mods separatly coz the mods that you have made to your car may not appeal to anyone else (prospective buyers)

On usual terms ......... you wouldn't get that much more with all the mods on !

The only three cars that I can really think that were all sold with a lot of mods, and not a lot of money were .........

DAZA_W : IS200 TURBO

DUNCAN : GREEN IS SUPERCHARGED

SteveAudioX : Supercharged / NOS IS200

and chris shippers IS supercharged

But to be fair Ad, your car is a different kettle of fish. The S/C is a 'bolt on' mod.

Your's wouldn't be worth stripping down because of the turbo.

Fair point there Mark. When i had the s/c i suppose i would have took it off before i sold the car.

@Jasper.. are you thinking of selling then mate? If you sell with mods on then you'll be better selling it on here. Or sell the mods on here and sell the car seperately

yes ad77 i'm thinkin of selling

as quite a few people have said - removing the mods may not only make it eaiser to sell - but may yield a higher total price if you sell them separately.

Its going to boil down to time - if you want to put it up now - for sale any time in the next 9 months, leave the mods on - there may be someone who wants to buy as is.

if you want to sell in a shorter timescale, I would suggest you would be better removing what you can and selling them seperately.

Just out of interest.....anyone know what the going rate for a second hand charger is and is there usually much demand for one?

I know that cheaper second hand parts seem to be snapped up but the charger is as much as a cheap used car :P

Just out of interest.....anyone know what the going rate for a second hand charger is and is there usually much demand for one?

I know that cheaper second hand parts seem to be snapped up but the charger is as much as a cheap used car  :P

They seem to be going for around £1,500 - £1,800 depending on age and amount of use

I know that cheaper second hand parts seem to be snapped up but the charger is as much as a cheap used car  :P

They seem to be going for around £1,500 - £1,800 depending on age and amount of use

I dont think add77 got that much for his and i was new ish :o

I dont think add77 got that much for his and i was new ish :o

Nope :crybaby: was only a few months old and not many miles :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links