Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Geometry

Adie

I've just been to an STS tyre and exhaust place around the corner from me for the fitting of my cat and it turns out they do geometry setup.

I told them about STS Watford and that its not possible for them to do a geometry on low cars because the cameras need to hang on to the wheels. The setup these guys use, the cameras bolt onto the side of the wheel so a geom can be done no matter how low the car is.

The price i think he said is £77 ish, for everything.

I'm going to book myself in in the next few weeks and get a geom done. I'll let you guys know how i get on so some of you needing it done could come to Northampton to get it done.

@ Tony i dont know if you know any of the guys at STS Northampton? I asked if they had the set up for an IS200 and they said they should have it or it'll be on the computer. I told them if they didnt, that you have and i could ask you for it?

Adie

Interesting Adie, any chance you could let me know the details please mate as mine is messed up at the minute and the normal place I use have done as much as they can with their kit (we had to lift the car up last time so we could get the hangers on the tyres :o

Interesting Adie, any chance you could let me know the details please mate as mine is messed up at the minute and the normal place I use have done as much as they can with their kit (we had to lift the car up last time so we could get the hangers on the tyres :o

What you after mate? Address and phone no.

If you could mate that would be great, might see if they can fit me in while I'm still free in the daytime :)

I've been using the local Selectatyre places but we've reached the limit now of just what they can do with their kit!

Aido, Anees uses a place in Oldham not far from me, he says they are very good, im going to go down to when i get some time :D

Aido mate its that place I told you about ages go (you probably don't remember :P)

Have a look at the link below. I need to get mine sorted too - since I kerbed my wheel the car is just not handling the same as it was.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...775&hl=Geometry

geo3.jpg

Car can be really low because the camera do not go on top of the tyre :shifty:

Don't forget...

If you car is slammed the angles can't be corrected much, if not at all! most will have -1deg of cam... Cusco arms can retrieve it.

Only point i can see is to get the caster and toe perfect... which i think i need to do!

I need to look into those Cusco arms, I can visibly see the camber problems on both your car and mine Am, yours is much worse than mine, the worst car I've seen was the BMW drift car, that just looks knackered it's that low :lol:

I think Mike has the Cusco arms on the front, is it possible to get them for the rear do you know mate?

i can't have cuscos, because it gives less clearance once the cam is recovered which would cause it to rub...

mines -3 to -3.5deg of cam front and rear.. but 19s come off next week for winter...

Don't forget...

If you car is slammed the angles can't be corrected much, if not at all! most will have -1deg of cam... Cusco arms can retrieve it.

Only point i can see is to get the caster and toe perfect... which i think i need to do!

Cusco camber arms can only INCREASE -ve camber. How do I know.......I have them fitted!

And they are only available for the front.

Won't you have to raise it anyway Am to get clearance with smaller alloys?

Just wondering as I know a few of the guys on here who went from 17 to 18 saw their ride height increase, and Gord's is very high with 19's on!

Just wondered as I'm thinking also of taking the wheels off for winter so they can be done up and I can get winter tyres on instead of using the Proxes, I'm going to have to raise the car though - how simple is it to raise the car as I've never adjusted coilovers :lol:

Guessing I need one of those C spanner things?

Just wondering as I know a few of the guys on here who went from 17 to 18 saw their ride height increase, and Gord's is very high with 19's on!

Just wondered as I'm thinking also of taking the wheels off for winter so they can be done up and I can get winter tyres on instead of using the Proxes, I'm going to have to raise the car though - how simple is it to raise the car as I've never adjusted coilovers :lol:

two of them actually :whistling:

ive got a pair if you want to borrow them :D

Thanks fella, I'll get my act together first then around alloys for winter and see what I come up with :D

Will the ride height on TTE's be smoother the higher the car gets or is it all just down to the rubber as I notice Adie's car is smoother with the 17's on there....

The ride quality should be no different since the TTE's don't have adjustable dampening, but....

Bringing the car higher will mean that the geo will need to be recovered and therefore the handling will suffer... :blink:

I have a set of C spanners (Apexi), they may fit your TTE's fella :D

Not that much of a difference...

312mm radius on the 17s

320 and 317 on the 19s

i did lower the back more with the 19s... but i'm probably going to space oe wheels out when the go back on, look lost otherwise lol

I've just been to an STS tyre and exhaust place around the corner from me for the fitting of my cat and it turns out they do geometry setup.

I told them about STS Watford and that its not possible for them to do a geometry on low cars because the cameras need to hang on to the wheels. The setup these guys use, the cameras bolt onto the side of the wheel so a geom can be done no matter how low the car is.

The price i think he said is £77 ish, for everything.

I'm going to book myself in in the next few weeks and get a geom done. I'll let you guys know how i get on so some of you needing it done could come to Northampton to get it done.

@ Tony i dont know if you know any of the guys at STS Northampton? I asked if they had the set up for an IS200 and they said they should have it or it'll be on the computer. I told them if they didnt, that you have and i could ask you for it?

Adie

[/quote

Is that STS as in Stapletons Tyre Services?

Didn't i set the geometry up on your car :huh:

Yes Tony its Stapleton's Tyre Services.

You did set the geom on my car when i had the eibach springs fitted. Now i've got the TTE coilovers fitted and the car is too low for the cameras, as we discussed at the Watford meet.

You did set the geom on my car when i had the eibach springs fitted. Now i've got the TTE coilovers fitted and the car is too low for the cameras, as we discussed at the Watford meet.

You know my head is :duh: at the best of times, on the meet i was a nervous blur.

I dont have any other STS centres on my site simply because no customer has contacted me about their conduct.

Do make sure it's a full geometry, the price seems cheap for a multipull adjust car, it reads to me like 'front and rear alignment'........ if all well then 'yes' they can give me a ring if needed, also let them know i will be reading the report :ph34r:

You know my head is :duh: at the best of times, on the meet i was a nervous blur.

I dont have any other STS centres on my site simply because no customer has contacted me about their conduct.

Do make sure it's a full geometry, the price seems cheap for a multipull adjust car, it reads to me like 'front and rear alignment'........ if all well then 'yes' they can give me a ring if needed, also let them know i will be reading the report :ph34r:

Thanks alot Tony :D

I did repeatedly ask if its a full geometery check and the guy said yes. He said that he'll need the car with him for a couple of hours to do it.

I'll let you know when i've booked it in, just incase.

Thanks again mate

I should do that with the 19s lol downpipe is about 2" off the ground lol

nah, will see.. MK is very forgiving for low cars, as low as it goes :)

I should do that with the 19s lol downpipe is about 2" off the ground lol

nah, will see.. MK is very forgiving for low cars, as low as it goes :)

'Low'.... the only car that i have 'abseil' down to drive :ohmy:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links