Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help - Back Pain

Pickigar

Hello and welcome to LOC.

I have had two IS's ...... and sat in many others .......... never had anything like that ?

The IS has many different ways of adjusting the seat ...... are you using all the adjusting positions ?

Welcome to LOC :D

I did occasionally have bad problems when I first got the car (I have something wrong with my vertebrae and joints) and I found the best position was the chair all the way back horizontally and then lowered quite far back with the front slightly elevated, seems good that way, then again I'm a big lad (understatement) so don't have any problem with reach etc...

I did find that the heated seats help when it gets really bad?

To be honest the car doesn't have adjustable lumbar support so that isn't good if you've got bad problems, maybe a GS or LS would have been better, was actually talking to someone yesterday who gets really bad chronic back pain and they said the LS is the only car they've found which is comfortable enough not to aggravate the problem!

Thanks Guys,

I am about 6ft 1 tall, and it is a question of if I have the seat right back then I am reaching for the steering wheel, but if I sit closer my head seems to be very close to the roof lining. My wife says it feels uncomfortable, but in the passenger seat it is ok, and as she has "borrowed" the car today (do'h) then I can't really check.

I will try this evening, maybe, move the seat back and lay back a little with the front up as suggested. It is not too bad. If it is I could always upgrade to some racing seats although I like the leather look at the mo!

Gary

Thanks Guys,

I am about 6ft 1 tall, and it is a question of if I have the seat right back then I am reaching for the steering wheel, but if I sit closer my head seems to be very close to the roof lining.  My wife says it feels uncomfortable, but in the passenger seat it is ok, and as she has "borrowed" the car today (do'h) then I can't really check.

I will try this evening, maybe, move the seat back and lay back a little with the front up as suggested.  It is not too bad.  If it is I could always upgrade to some racing seats although I like the leather look at the mo!

Gary

Go careful with racing seats bud. I know somebody who had to see a Doctor after purchasing a Vauxhall VX220 cuz of back pain. The Doctor told him it was because of the seats not having any give in them. He changed his car and his back was okay. So think twice about what seats you wanna buy. ;)

I was told by my physio that some back pain in cars can be caused by the location of the pedals in comparison to your hips, as if they are slightly off to one side then this will tighten-up the muscles on one side of yer back givin u the pain

Its an idea

Not that I ever had one, BUT they used to be like that in the Mini Metro GTi (or whatever it was). I tried driving my mates once, and it really did feel dodgy on the back.

• 5 years later...

u can pack washers underneath the front of the seat to raise it up a bit, I am 6'2" and y head doesnt touch the roof. could it be u have a long upper body?

I agree with you coz' my friend is 6'4" but he can accommodate his self. Before he will drive his lexus car, he will make sure that the driver's seat is in adjust a bit slant backward to avoid suffering from back pain, co'z his already experienced it and now had a solution of lower back pain.

Edited by janey
advertising in text

Thanks Guys,

I am about 6ft 1 tall, and it is a question of if I have the seat right back then I am reaching for the steering wheel, but if I sit closer my head seems to be very close to the roof lining. My wife says it feels uncomfortable, but in the passenger seat it is ok, and as she has "borrowed" the car today (do'h) then I can't really check.

I will try this evening, maybe, move the seat back and lay back a little with the front up as suggested. It is not too bad. If it is I could always upgrade to some racing seats although I like the leather look at the mo!

Gary

Surely you could just lower the height of the seat? I'm 6ft 1 too and my head's nowhere near the roof lining. If you push the forward/backwards button down it should lower giving you more room above your head :winky:

Thanks Guys,

Gary

Surely you could just lower the height of the seat? I'm 6ft 1 too and my head's nowhere near the roof lining. If you push the forward/backwards button down it should lower giving you more room above your head :winky:

WTF!!! Why are we replying to a post that's 6 years old?!?!?!?! :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links