Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sell Or Keep The Lex?

Nick The Greek

bit of a dilemma this one.

A few of you know I run a mondeo website, www.fordmondeo.org, and it was that car that got me intrested in modifying cars, in fact I still own a mondeo, it's just parked up in a garage off the road at the moment.

Because of running a Mondeo site, i keep toying with the idea of selling my lex and purchasing an ST220. Nice 3.0 V6, 220bhp, lovely jubbly.

But then I saw prolex's supercharger groupbuy.

Dilemma.

Sell the lex and get an ST220, or s/c the lex.

Monetary terms, s/c'ing the lex would probably work out cheaper, as I still owe 6.5k in finance for the car, and went I went to a garage last week I got offered 5.5k trade-in :crybaby:

I do like the lex, not convinced about the handling of it (lowered on eibachs, but I think I need to go the full-monty tbh and get springs and shocks), but thats really the only bad thing I have to say about it.

Maybe I need uprated rollbars and the like.

The ST220 is probably the only Ford I'd buy ............ (apart from the american Fords, Mustang etc)

However, like Gord said ...... it still is a FORD ............... Fix Or Repair Daily :D

Got for the S/C Route mate !

If and when im ready to sell my Lex it will be for the same reason, need for more power so depending on how reliable the car continues to be will determine whether I decide to sell it or super charge it! Through depreciation alone im thinking of super charging it.............

Keep the Lex I say................. :P

Go with the SC mate, keep the Lex, it's nice to be that little bit different, I see a lot of Mondeo's badged up as ST220's but they have one exhaust (thought they had two?!)

I always prefer a sleeper, I kind of went wrong somewhere along the line!

Go with the SC mate, keep the Lex, it's nice to be that little bit different, I see a lot of Mondeo's badged up as ST220's but they have one exhaust (thought they had two?!)

Pretty much made up my mind to keep the lex, I just hope prolex's GB comes off! :crybaby:

Pretty much made up my mind to keep the lex, I just hope prolex's GB comes off! :crybaby:

Just been on Direct Lines web site to get a rough idea about the premium, they could not give me a quote online so I have to call them. Which usually means big bucks.......... :crybaby: so a S/Charger maybe well outta reach!

My mates just bought an ST220.

Got it chipped, Full Mitek SS exhaust installed and induction kit. Eats his GF's R32... and there pretty rapid too.

Drive one.... there quick mate... lots of toys and the seats are lush...

only thing. its a 'Ford'... other than that i can't fault it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links