Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hacker Scum!

Rob

well been sitting here for a while, and keep getting lovesan attacks from the same 2 IP's

they are on the same ISP as me, but the ISP is pretty useless about doing something about it. the IP's are fixed.

the IP's concerned are: 84.73.214.36 and 84.73.216.189

what are my options? u can PM me a suggestion for revenge if u wish! :whistling: :winky:

To be honest Rob I'm guessing you're on a similar subnet to those machines and they're infected with a worm type virus that is just scanning certain ranges for machines to attack - what exactly is the firewall coming up with?

To be honest nowdays on the net there's that much crap traffic like this that the firewall vendors would be better lowering the severity of it...

What I used to do when I was getting attacked by 'zombie' machines infected I'd just hack onto them, patch them, and reboot, used to be great in the old days :D

yep its the same ISP as mine, i get the warning as s oon as i switch the machine on really as the network is always on - something i dont like. Would a router help in these sort of situations?

yes 84.73 is for my ISP

Yeah it would get rid of all this **** mate as your router would be the device connected directly to the net and so these broadcasts can't get to your machine - makes things much safer :D

I have nightmares about connecting any machine directly to the net nowadays, there are vulnerabilities in everything now!

It was one of the reasons I went down the Mac route - it's not as high profile as Windows or Linux so more hacks are out there for those platforms, the Mac is nice :)

I'm impressed with it mate, used to rebuild my PC every few months to keep it running smooth and haven't needed to ever rebuild the Mac in four years!

Think I might at some point as I've had lots of crap software installed over the years but it keeps running happily, can't fault something that I only reboot to install system upgrades :)

To be honest not sure mate, are you on cable or DSL?

I'm using an old (but rock solid) Efficient Networks 5861, works great, unfortunately at the mo I'm just using an Actiontec pile of ******* which was free and 54Meg wireless but I'm going to get an access point and just connect that into the back of the EN5861, that thing never let me down!

Do you want wireless or anything like that mate?

Sounds like you just need a broadband router like these on this page:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/default_Sh...upID=12&Alt=Yes

Sonds like it connects to your cable modem and then just connect your pc to the router?

Haven't ever used cable mate, maybe someone on here with able and a router could help?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links