Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cam Belt, Tensioner, Pully

Kazi

These are retail prices

cambelt £28.17 + vat

Tensioner £45.82 + vat

Idler pulley £45.97 + vat

Cheers folks,

Does the above price include disc? I will get an idependant garage to carry the work. Not into paying these main dealer prices! :P

Had mine done by Lexus Birmingham cost £325.00

for Belt & tensioner & fitting

to strip it down yourself is easy until you get to the Crank pulley bolt

try and undo that as there is no way to lock the engine to stop it turning

so i put it back together and let Lexus do it oh and they give you a nice sticker on the side of top cam cover with date and milage when changed

but the good side to it was i was doing some general maintenance and took the cover off and noticed the New Gen Kenny belt looked like it was splitting after

6 months of fitting, so i Called the Dealer and was told to get the car to them

ASAP they give me a IS200 to go back in rather than waiting around, and they swapped the belt (No questions) what a nice service Manager

he then said there was nothing wrong with the belt they checked all the stock and they were the same But still replaced it

GO DEALER

These are retail prices

cambelt £28.17 + vat

Tensioner £45.82 + vat

Cheers folks,

Does the above price include disc? I will get an idependant garage to carry the work. Not into paying these main dealer prices! :P

no mate, youd be lookin to pay around those prices inc vat though

These are retail prices

cambelt £28.17 + vat

Tensioner £45.82 + vat

Cheers folks,

Keep us posted on what it costs you to do it private. This is what i was thinking of doing when mine is due. Normaly they do the cam belt etc as part of the 100k service, if it's done privatly will they still do the service and stamp the servcie book.

These are retail prices

cambelt £28.17 + vat

Tensioner £45.82 + vat

Cheers folks,

Keep us posted on what it costs you to do it private. This is what i was thinking of doing when mine is due. Normaly they do the cam belt etc as part of the 100k service, if it's done privatly will they still do the service and stamp the servcie book.

I will do, won't be for a while mind, just thought Id make use of my gold discount before it ends. The cahp who did one on my BMW charged me about £60! A bargain or what?! But its all done in cash :D

Ruskie, where've you been mate?!

Think I had some other belts changed at 80k mate, to be honest can't remember if that was standard or whether I specifically asked!!

Having the belts changed as well as the cam belt, tensioners etc etc really quietened down my engine bay!

Think I had some other belts changed at 80k mate, to be honest can't remember if that was standard or whether I specifically asked!!

Having the belts changed as well as the cam belt, tensioners etc etc really quietened down my engine bay!

Yeah although mines not noisey as such, its quite tappety........ :huh:

why did you not put it in 1st gear to lock the engine up.............then undo the bolt.............or can it not be done like that ;)

Easy mate, im still around just a bit disillusioned with my motor. Unable to change it due to moving jobs second house purchase and doing 600+ miles a week. Your car is looking sweet, always knew i should of hung on for that colour!

Easy mate, im still around just a bit disillusioned with my motor. Unable to change it due to moving jobs second house purchase and doing 600+ miles a week. Your car is looking sweet, always knew i should of hung on for that colour!

Cheers fella, I was lucky, it was the first car I looked at!

How's the little un doing nowadays? Sounds like you're a busy guy - that's some serious milage!

Cheers fella, I was lucky, it was the first car I looked at!

How's the little un doing nowadays? Sounds like you're a busy guy - that's some serious milage!

10 months old would you believe. My car will be her first car at the rate i am going!! Kills going to car shows and meets only been to TOTB at York this year.

why did you not put it in 1st gear to lock the engine up.............then undo the bolt.............or can it not be done like that ;)

Tried that and it still did not work

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links