Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Crankcase Breather Filter

GALLA_4

Hi Guys

I need to know if I need a crankcase beather filter?

Filter-S.jpg

I am having an induction kit developed here in Ireland which is going directly into the air intake of the supercharger unit for the extra sound!!!! This induction kit however wont have the little outlet pipe for the breather pipe to go into like the TDi induction kit does.

My question is can I directly connect the breather pipe to a crankcase breather filter instead and mount the filter somewhere away from the heat of the engine.

Does the breather pipe length matter? Is short better than long if possible? Reason I ask is if I want to have a long breather pipe with the filter at the end and mount it somewhere cool?

An oil catch can??

So if you put an iduction pipe on a TTE supercharger you need an oil catch can?? I am a little confused lol

The breather pipe with the induction kit would normally go into the TTE airbox, correct?

So where does it go if you are not using the TTE airbox but an induction pipe like I am planning?

Erm no!

The crankcase breather lets oil mist out of the crankcase so you will get oil leaking from the filter and over the engine bay.

Like the guys have said you need a catch can to catch the oil.

How come on the TDi induction tube oil doesn't mist into the inner tube?

Does much oil build up in the can over time and is it a kind of case of emptying it at every service interval??

Thanks guys for clearing it up!! Its an excuse for more under bonnet bling lol :D Greddy catch can here we come lol

How come  on the TDi induction tube oil doesn't mist into the inner tube?

Does much oil build up in the can over time and is it a kind of case of emptying it at every service interval??

Thanks guys for clearing it up!! Its an excuse for more under bonnet bling lol :D Greddy catch can here we come lol

The Greddy catch tanks come up on US Fleabay all the time, works out at around £45 shipped

How come  on the TDi induction tube oil doesn't mist into the inner tube?

it does, the oil vapour is transfered along with the air back into the engine, via the pipework and intercooler, dont think anyone has had any problems with oil build up, although in theory you could

the catch cans come with a sight guage , so you can see when it needs emptying

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links