Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fake Police Car

Niraj

Saturday Night, early morning, i was at a club KO, in Woodgreen.

I drove there myself.

My story is short and a warning to others:

As i left the club, it was pretty late. 4:30am to be precise.

I took a few inside roads that i know in the area to go home.

About 3 minutes from the start of my journey, i had a ford mondeo speed up behind me as i turned into another smaller road, with the blues and two's and a very loud siren. I assumed it was "The Police" pulling me over, to do some sort of check, or to see that i was not intoxicated.

My windows are tinted, so was not clearly visible through the glass.

I pulled over & wound my window down.

My friends in the backseat also wound their windows down.

There were 2 (excuse the expression) skinheads in the car, and was probably an attempt at a car jacking. However, they soon realised that there were 4 of us (quite hefty fellas in a tinted out lexus) and they spead away pretty sharpish.

I have not reported this to the police yet, as i am unsure what the correct procedure should be.

The car was :

mondeo12.jpg

Make : Ford

Model : Mondeo

Reg Plate : KA04 AUM.

Area : Woodgreen

Time : 4:30am (early morning)

Date : Sunday 18th September

Please be warned if you are in the area at this time of night, as i fear the vehicle is likely not to be a legitimate police vehicle.

I'm not sure how the laws work, but i dont think the police use the siren unless its a REAL emergency after 11:30pm.

I'm sure an officer will be along to correct me if i'm wrong, and provide more help in situations like this.

Cars both prestige and new cars in general are increasingly getting harder to steal, so to over come this, car thieves are looking at other ways to pinch them. A couple around my area with an IS300 have just had there car stolen whilst inside a Restaurant.

This was with them still having possesion to all three sets of keys. Bad news!! Think the message really is to be careful.

The police can and do pull you over with the sirens on ........ I have had to do this on many occasions, and people don't see you !

An 04 plate Mondeo .... it certainly fits the criteria of a police car ....... although they shouldn't have stopped you in the first place !

Give em a call mate ........ and they will either tell you something ........ they wont tell you exactly if it is or not ...... as you could be anyone.

I'm not in for two days ...... (I'm away for riot training) but I'll check it my self when I getback on duty ......... see what it's saying !

Police car details do come up, but the registration details are blocked.

From the sound of the specs ..

1.8 LX

It sounds like the right match for an unmarked police car ........... of a standard response driver clasification.

We have one of those ......... exactly the same 1.8LX on an '04 plate at Ilford ......

Police car details do come up, but the registration details are blocked.

From the sound of the specs ..

1.8 LX

It sounds like the right match for an unmarked police car ........... of a standard response driver clasification.

We have one of those ......... exactly the same 1.8LX on an '04 plate at Ilford ......

do the police buy second hand cars ;)

can you not ring a friend and find out if it was real or not

Point is it could be real, and maybe they got a "shout" to something more important.

Either way call, if it was a real police car they won't bother, if not it could be vital info.

do the police buy second hand cars  ;)

can you not ring a friend and find out if it was real or not

Yes, they do buy second hand cars ........ I was the one who bought the Mondeo for Ilford, they gave me the money ... and said pick a colour ........ so I did ;)

Don't know who is at work now ......... or I'd give em a bell ! :yawn:

probably two coppers looking for someone in particular and saw you were not who they wanted. reg is for silver mondeo 1.8.

yes it was silver.. like the one in the pic, although, under the nightime streetlights it looked a little golden, almost like the platinum ice paint from lexus.

The passenger of the vehicle did not say a word, they looked at me, and my mates and then sped off! Rather TOO quickly!

Should the police not inform you when they pull you over of the reasons, and not just stare and the drive off? This was rather scary... because i just wasn't sure what had happened!

:duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links