Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Front Bumper Damaged!

RichardMD

Ok...awful start to monday. I manage to crunch into someone. This will be an insurance job.

I think that it will need a new bumper and bonnet at a glance. Is there much in it price wise betwen the standard IS front bumper (fitted) and the sports styling pack bumper? Figured it would be a good time to swap as painting is academic.

Anyone had experience with insurance companies when trying to do this. Id imagine they would put up some resistance.

Cheers

:crybaby:

When you say the sports bumper, do you mean the TTE bumper ?

CIMG0143.jpg

I would imagine these are getting cheaper at Lexus now ...... depending on who you are insured with, they might do it for you ?

Sorry to hear about it ....... where did it happen ? :huh:

Ok...awful start to monday. I manage to crunch into someone. This will be an insurance job.

I think that it will need a new bumper and bonnet at a glance.  Is there much in it price wise betwen the standard IS front bumper (fitted) and the sports styling pack bumper? Figured it would be a good time to swap as painting is academic.

Anyone had experience with insurance companies when trying to do this. Id imagine they would put up some resistance. 

Cheers

Bad news matey, not what you need to start the week! I just scuffed my rear bumper the other week! Dreading a quote for it! To be honest, I think the insurance company would not like you changing from the stock.

The TTE front bumper won't be that much more I don't think and incorperates the mesh grill to. Good luck with getting it sorted mate. Any pics?

I think that it will need a new bumper and bonnet at a glance.  Is there much in it price wise betwen the standard IS front bumper (fitted) and the sports styling pack bumper? Figured it would be a good time to swap as painting is academic.

Cheers

I wanted to do this after an accident earlier this year, and found that the styling kit bumper is way more expensive (from Lexus) and my insurance company also wanted to add the extra price of the bumper to my premium, so decided against it

All depends on age and location of course :winky:

Thks for the quick replies. Im 30 and insured with Direct Line. It was a silly accident! crunched into someone in 1st at a junction. They decided to stop and i thought they had gone......im to blame but the hesitation of this bloke in front didnt help!

No photos as yet and am still driving it. The bonnet slighly raised, the headlamp is pushed back a little....wings are fine! Got a £300 excess so thought may as well get something positive from it. This was up nr Junction 28 of the M1 today!!

So, the TTE bumper which i think i meant is a bit pricey?

DirectLine have appointed a bodyshop to me! Would you pick your own or go with what they say?

Back to the PC in a hour or so!! Will read the responses then! Thanks for the help!!

Thks for the quick replies. Im 30 and insured with Direct Line.  It was a silly accident! crunched into someone in 1st at a junction.  They decided to stop and i thought they had gone......im to blame but the hesitation of this bloke in front didnt help!

No photos as yet and am still driving it.  The bonnet slighly raised, the headlamp is pushed back a little....wings are fine!  Got a £300 excess so thought may as well get something positive from it.  This was up nr Junction 28 of the M1 today!!

So, the TTE bumper which i think i meant is a bit pricey?

DirectLine have appointed a bodyshop to me! Would you pick your own or go with what they say?

Back to the PC in a hour or so!! Will read the responses then! Thanks for the help!!

Id PM Chris.S for a price of the TTE bumper, think its around £280, although I could be wrong. And if you know of any good bodyshops use them, or ask Lexus to sort it out?

As its insurance anyway, I would say take it to a Lexus dealer of your choice. When I was asking, the dealer said don't tell the insurance company, or they won't let you do it, just pay the difference, then tell the insurance company after its been fitted.

As Kazdul said, good idea to PM Chris.S, as he's got some deal going, but the prob I found was that most of the dealers were selling the modified ones that had holes for the headlamp washers which cost somewhere in the region of £600

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links