Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Chat Nights

Steve

did not realise you where with the police simon

I can picture a load of members editing past posts :lol::lol:

I'm NOT mate, I just recruit for them, although I do know a fair number of them but I haven't yet decided to do in house recruitment / headhunting yet. Still wondering whether to set up my own business or just carry on working like a dog and feeding someone else wallet!

POLICE............. oh oh quick everyone hide................

would never of thought u was a .....P'....... better change the terminology............... copper :ph34r:

CALM DOWN everyone, I recruit for them, I DON'T work there, although I do have to say that they get a very bad press and the more that I have got to know them over the past year makes me think that we should cut them some slack, they have a well difficult job to do.

That was a bit moralistic wasn't it!!

would never of thought u was a .....P'....... better change the terminology............... copper :ph34r:

CALM DOWN everyone, I recruit for them, I DON'T work there, although I do have to say that they get a very bad press and the more that I have got to know them over the past year makes me think that we should cut them some slack, they have a well difficult job to do.

cut them some slack.............na forget that

Still wondering whether to set up my own business or just carry on working like a dog and feeding someone else wallet!

Simon

my biggest regret about starting my own business is that I took so long before I did it.

big decision - I know.

but one of my better ones.

BTW - I have a ready built recruitment web site sat here - waiting to be used.

Was stiffed on a contract. Designed and built a web based recruitment application, for no cash - took 7.5% of the equity in the recruitment company instead.

Took it completely in the bum - no equity, never saw a penny.

Six weeks of work down the drain (and six weeks therefore were I wasn't biling anybody else) :blush:

i gots balls all qualifications except 2 c grades in english GCSE's and a GNVQ Intermediate in business. i aint thick though, was gonna join Computeach and do some internet web designing training then get a job. passed the apptitude test easy but instead of payin the course fees i put that cash towards my lexus

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<------------------------------- there it is

:D

love a job change but hard if you got no qualifications :sad:

own fault though had good times

cut them some slack.............na forget that

I would give the police some slack

Just think what the world would be like without policing

I would come home daily and find my house has been burgled

I would look out into my driveway and see teenagers pinching my wheels off my car

I would walk down the street and get mugged

More cases of rape, murders and attacks

whos solves most of these crimes? The police!

We might hate police becasue they will give you a silly fine for driving you car fast... but i know that at least while there are police that it does prevent alot of crimes and criminals might think that little bit extra before commiting the crime.

just think what this forum would be like if we never had any mods

:baaa:

Whoah, just got into work this am to see lots of extra posts here, Mat if you decide to tleave the forces then the Police would snap you up, they are desperate for ex forces people at the moment, as this is where they get the best trained and qualified 'Civillian' support personnel, especially in the areas of investigation and technical expertise.

I agree with Steve, we may get hacked off that we get Gatso'd or stupid producers but at least when you get home you can leave your baby in the drive and it will still be there in the morning, and they take the majority of the sick puppies / freaks off the street.

Morning

Si

i have to disagree with you guys sorry. police dont do that much, yeah they may keep some weirdos off the streets but leaving your car in the drive and it still being there isnt because of police its because lexus make ace security systems.

i dislike them all and if someone causes me grief the cops wont be gettin a call from me i'll sort it myself.

sorry if no-one agrees with me but thats my oppinion

we still have crime playa.. but without the policing it would be 100 X worse.

I tell you what playa... you try and disarm some nutcase weirding a Knife! not only that.. do it just to put bread on the table! Becasue when someone has a knife to your throat mate the first peope you think of is "I wish the police were here".. because i tell you what mate.. i have had a knife put to me... not that nice.

Acting invincible is not a wise act mate... because however brave you are there will always be someone better, stronger and wiser than you.

So to summarise that if you were held up in your shop by masked gunmen you would not even think to call the police? But instead you would do hong kong phooey?

:lol::lol:

Yeah Si: I can put up gatso's because i keep to the speed limit when there is a gatso about. :yahoo:

Crazy world we live in

I am waiting for the replies about corruption in the police force etc next :lol::lol:

coppers do a difficult job for not a lot of money.

Hands up - who would be a policeman?

Not me - that is much harder than I want to work for a living.

The other thing to mention is that Yes - we dislike gatso's speed cameras etc - but how do you think the average bobby feels about them?

Do you think they would rather be standing next to a road on a cold morning holding a camera than be chasing granny muggers?

And Playa - someone gives you grief and you sort it out yourself?

You'll end up in jail too mate.

And, quite deservedly too (not a flame - just an opinion)

Two wrongs do not make a right, and YOU beating the ***** out of someone who gives you grief makes you no better than the person who is giving you grief.

Seconded mate,

I will freely admit that I was incredibly sceptical about the way the POlice work until 1) My Dad was held up at gun point and 2) I started to work with them.

You soon realise that they have one of the hardest and least desirable jobs on the planet, the majority of time they are dealing with pratts that fancy a punch up after a night on the ale or your middle of the road Freak. Not a chance that I would stick my ***** on the line and deal with some of the loons that are loose on the street. Just look at the news and ask your self if you would want to deal with the nutters featured on there day in day out?

:P :D

Si

I would hate to be a cop in the states.. especially when the guns are freely available over there as here its not so easy.

In my life here I have only ever seen 3 guns... that says alot!

The people we should be hamering here is the government... :angry:

ok admin u may be right, police are useful sometimes still dnt like them. and if i was in the shop wit some nut with a gun yeah i would call a copper. ok point taken

but i've been in situations where poilce havent done jack *****!!!

i used to get searched bout 3 times every friday night when i was 16.

got stopped in middle of birmingham and accused that the mitsubishi colt i was driving 2 weeks after i passed my test was stolen and i was the thief (30minutes of my wasted time). im speaking from experience as are all of you

stripey T-shirt and silk gloves! :yahoo:

Those who get caught doing a crime will hate the police.. but Like it says "if you do the crime be prepared to do the time"

You mentioned that the police do nothing.. but you said they searched you 3 times.. plus if the colt WAS stolen then surely they would have got the owners car back for them... although they made a mistake and accused you.

when i was 16 i used to get searched... most of us are lil gits at that age....

Hmmm. Can see both sides here. Yes the police get a bad press and in fairness it's probably more down to politicians than the individual coppers if things don't get done....but, I certainly do not have an awful lot of respect for the police as an organisation. Past experiences unfortunately.

That said, am glad they are there, respect the fact that they put themselves in danger daily and appreciate they are tied by red tape and don't get paid enough. I wouldn't fancy doing it!

coppers do a difficult job for not a lot of money.

Hands up - who would be a policeman?

Not me - that is much harder than I want to work for a living.

The other thing to mention is that Yes - we dislike gatso's speed cameras etc - but how do you think the average bobby feels about them?

Do you think they would rather be standing next to a road on a cold morning holding a camera than be chasing granny muggers?

I'm with you Matt - I think our Police do a very difficult job and mostly do it very well - I just wish there was more of them

steve- i used to get searched 3 times in 1 night by the same coppers.

and i aint got a criminal record so it aint just ppl who get caught doin a crime that hate them steve.

yeah ok fair enough i'll agree that they do do a harsh job with little pay for what they do but then again most of them think just coz they work for the law they can do what they want.

me and my sister were attacked once, i was 11 and my sister was 7 goin to the corner shop which is literally 30seconds down the road from my shop, this person was sittin on the wall by the church jus before the corner shop and me and my sis went passed and he grabbed me by the throat and sister by the hair but sister bit him i poked him in the eye and we ran home he followed us then left when we got inside.

dad went mad but mom stopped him from goin out for this bloke and he called the cops. they arrived 10 minutes later and the guy came back swearing and shoutin abuse outside the shop( it was saturday bout 12pm) police did absolute **** ALL!!! dad got real annoyed coz they took some details and the guy was outside and they told him to calm down or accompany him down to the station then they left.

YEAH NICE WORK POLICE GOOD ON YOU THANKS FOR YOUR TIME............. KISS MY *****!!!!!!!

LOST ALL RESPECT FOR POLICE SINCE THEN. FOR AN 11 YEAR OLD KID THATS QUITE SAD AS I USED TO THINK GOOD THINGS OF POLICE TIL THEN

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links