Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks To Tony The Dr.

Jolliffee

Just want to register my thanks to Tony the Dr of Geometry..

I had my geometry checked today, didn’t know of any problems but reading the forum it seemed the factory settings could lead to excessive tyre wear.

So I took my IS300 along to the Dr for a check; yes I had the start of tyre wear on the inside and some of the setting were out.

What I thought was great, and thank Tony for, is the time he took to explain to me what was out, what this meant in terms of driving and tyre wear. Very professional and done it such a way as to be understandable.

I don’t travel that far North (to Watford) often so was it worth the 186 mile round trip, you bet. The car now feels and handles a lot better (I thought it was a little edgy before), and the tyre wear will be consistent now.

A trip to the Doctor is highly recommended; Thanks Tony, see you in a couple of thousand miles for the fine tune.

:D

I had my geometry checked today, didn’t know of any problems but reading the forum it seemed the factory settings could lead to excessive tyre wear.

So I took my IS300 along to the Dr for a check; yes I had the start of tyre wear on the inside and some of the setting were out.

What I thought was great, and thank Tony for, is the time he took to explain to me what was out, what this meant in terms of driving and tyre wear.  Very professional and done it such a way as to be understandable.

I don’t travel that far North (to Watford) often so was it worth the 186 mile round trip, you bet.  The car now feels and handles a lot better (I thought it was a little edgy before), and the tyre wear will be consistent now.

A trip to the Doctor is highly recommended; Thanks Tony, see you in a couple of thousand miles for the fine tune.

You are very welcome :D

There is a 'need to read' point here....?

On the initial measurments the front camber positions were factory perfect :D but :crybaby: the front tyres measured.

out mid in

nsf 3.50 5.55 2.41

osf 3.93 5.38 2.24

without any detection and stock settings there was wear on the inners, be wise LOC go and look at the inners check the tyres for wear 'deny' the centre reservation a Lexus emblem inprint :ohmy: nuf said.

What I thought was great, and thank Tony for, is the time he took to explain to me what was out, what this meant in terms of driving and tyre wear.  Very professional and done it such a way as to be understandable.

I don’t travel that far North (to Watford) often so was it worth the 186 mile round trip, you bet.  The car now feels and handles a lot better (I thought it was a little edgy before), and the tyre wear will be consistent now.

Ditto ... can feel the professionalism half way round the globe.

Thanks bud for ur analysis on mine btw ....

It is a small World, can you help me here? i get a lot of emails and geometry reports from Hong Kong regarding geo problems, mostly on the IS200, could you shed any light on the reason why! :ohmy:

It is a small World, can you help me here? i get a lot of emails and geometry reports from Hong Kong regarding geo problems, mostly on the IS200, could you shed any light on the reason why! :ohmy:

I'd say cos of a few reasons:

1) as I mentioned to u ... most local shops "don't" like to talk with the customers and dont take the time to tell the customer what has been done. Even if asked, they often just give a "i know u r dumb, so I will just lie to you" explanation.

2) the road conditions in hk are really bad. Pot holes the size of kitchen sink are very common on roads and highways ....especially after heavy rain (where the moisture softens the tarmac ..and the 18 wheelers just rips it from the ground when they drive over)

3) There are lots of IS200s in hk ... sample size increases ... hence more questions =).

I'd say cos of a few reasons:

1) as I mentioned to u ... most local shops "don't" like to talk with the customers and dont take the time to tell the customer what has been done. Even if asked, they often just give a "i know u r dumb, so I will just lie to you" explanation.

2) the road conditions in hk are really bad. Pot holes the size of kitchen sink are very common on roads and highways ....especially after heavy rain (where the moisture softens the tarmac ..and the 18 wheelers just rips it from the ground when they drive over)

3) There are lots of IS200s in hk ... sample size increases ... hence more questions =).

# 1 is globle :crybaby: When I first enterd LOC anything geometry related displayed 100's of veiws, now.... one or two :D 'thats good', that leads me to my motto.....

'If you can do anything right? do the right thing'. ( think about it ?)

#2 Ditto welcome to Watford UK :crybaby: same hole different post code.

#3 Questions...? keep them coming :D

Thought I'd just add a small update;

OK the Dr asked if I had any problems, well I thought the car was edgy but put that down to it being a small car. After I drove home from seeing the Dr in the North, ithe IS felt a lot better; I'm sure those that have had the magic know what I'm talking about? Couase I have a problem writing it

Today I had a call from my boss and had to get to a meeting dam quick so off I went, now this journey is one I do weekly, it is all cross country about 50 miles each way of A and B single track roads some just big enough to get the car down. One part has a hump back bridge with on a rh turn that prior to the IS I crossed very quickly but the IS had a bad tendancy to lift and well I Sh**t myself the first time I had the IS go over this. Today it felt so good I thought lets try it; perfec no probs just as it should be. The whole trip on very wet roads was terric like a new car, and I didn't lose the rear once (boring).

So I have saved or deffered a set of rubber for a few months because the Dr has sorted the bad wear & not only but also through the Dr I have a new car that drives right looks right and goes right.

Right! OK thats me converted who's next.

Thought I'd just add a small update;

OK the Dr asked if I had any problems, well I thought the car was edgy but put that down to it being a small car. After I drove home from seeing the Dr in the North, ithe IS felt a lot better; I'm sure those that have had the magic know what I'm talking about?  Couase I have a problem writing it

Today I had a call from my boss and had to get to a meeting dam quick so off I went, now this journey is one I do weekly, it is all cross country about 50 miles each way of  A and B single track roads some just big enough to get the car down.  One part has a hump back bridge with on a rh turn that prior to the IS I crossed very quickly but the IS had a bad tendancy to lift and well I Sh**t myself the first time I had the IS go over this.  Today it felt so good I thought lets try it; perfec no probs just as it should be.  The whole trip on very wet roads was terric like a new car, and I didn't lose the rear once (boring).

So I have saved or deffered a set of rubber for a few months because the Dr has sorted the bad wear & not only but also through the Dr  I have a new car that drives right looks right and goes right.

Right!  OK thats me converted who's next.

:blush: As most here know i work within STS ( wheels-inmotion ) is only my web address. 100% of my efforts within STS and here at home are without financial reward to me.

People in the view ask me 'why' do you do this! every night two hours, all day on your day off! all day on a Sunday! all the stress for £0, the answer to all this is....... 'your post'.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links