Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cold Air Boxes

MacRS200

Seen a couple of threads on various sites talking about cold air boxes.

The question is has anyone got one and if so do they actually improve performance or are they just a bit of bling under the bonnet.

Cheers folks :D

I think that these give both advantages - bling and performance.

The IS/Tezz engine bay is apparently quite poorly ventelated and therefore a box which encloses the intake and which draws air from a lower part of the engine bay should be better than a non-enclosed intake. Provided of course the the box can draw in sufficient volumes of colder air.

I was originally looking at the same piece of kit (Weapon-R) that Scorcher bought but then didn't fit right.

They Defo work. Nikko had one had said the box isn't for looks at all... Apexi developed the cold air box with there induction kit for genuine performance gains.

No power figures to back it up, but it will improve the systems filtration too

I've just taken mine off for a few days until I replace one of the HID ballasts, will see if I can tell any difference!

Thanks all.

Aido would be good if you could post up if you notice a difference. Also what is the box made of and what is the approx thickness of the material?

I have a cunning plan rattling about my head :ph34r:

I've just taken mine off for a few days until I replace one of the HID ballasts, will see if I can tell any difference!

Thanks all.

Aido would be good if you could post up if you notice a difference. Also what is the box made of and what is the approx thickness of the material?

I have a cunning plan rattling about my head :ph34r:

Hmmm liking the sound of this

how cunning

fensport had one on their supercharged altezza - this too was a carbon one.

I also remember on the aus/nz forums about the a'pexi cold air box and alot of them swore by it for low down torque coupled with a lighter flywheel and some downpipes for increased low down torqueiness.....

I also remember on the aus/nz forums about the a'pexi cold air box and alot of them swore by it for low down torque coupled with a lighter flywheel and some downpipes for increased low down torqueiness.....

That's where I first came across it on an Oz thread which said "remember an induction kit is no good without a cold air box" :blink:

Maybe it's cos it's hotter down there?

Anyway got me thinking :ph34r:

What would happen if you were to use one of those water spray kits on the induction pipe and / or cold air box? The one's that they use on intercoolers to keep things cold? Would that make any difference?

What would happen if you were to use one of those water spray kits on the induction pipe and / or cold air box? The one's that they use on intercoolers to keep things cold? Would that make any difference?

Hadn't thought of that way but it's along the lines of my thinking mate.

Hadn't thought of that way but it's along the lines of my thinking mate.

lol

if you are going that route waht about the nitrous sprays they use on the intercoolers lol :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links