Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Detailers... New Uk Online Shop

Mr Singh

saturday delivery is £25 and yea, to have it re-sent is another £25

Plus another 10 if you want it to a change of address....

None of it would stop me from ordering from there if there was something I wanted, but Autopia is still cheaper if your buying a few bits at a time to get over the 25 bucks of delivery

Autopia is still the way to go !!

In a lot of cases ordering stuff from the US can still work out cheaper and land on your doormat quicker than sourcing the same products from the UK. (Even if you take into account the carriage charges!!)

I have regularly ordered products from Autopia and in 9 out of 10 cases the goods turn up in 3 to 4 days (Damn good considering they are sent from the West Coast !!!).

Autopias customer service is second to none (as you would expect from the States) and a UK firm charging £25 quid for re-delivery is daylight robbery (Can you really see people in the States putting up with a $45 re delivery charge?

This country has an AWFUL lot to learn about customer service and is around 30-40 years behind the States in this regard. I speak from experience as I make around 4 to 5 trips to the US a year and it never fails to astound me how good their customer care is.

US = The Customer is always right and no customers means no business

UK = The Customer is a pain in the ar*e and no customers means an easy day !!

No - I'm NOT American but I've seen a better way of doing things !!

Until I see a change in attitude in companies from this country I'll keep ordering my stuff from the US thank you very much...

The Ed.

So, You order goods, Your NOT in, couriers try to re-deliver 2 or more times and thats the SENDEERs Fault?

I run a buisness, i do 30+ consignments a day.

We make it perfectly clear if there is No one home, we can send to work address, this isn't always possible so we also offer to send to neighbour or close family with proof.

I think your all taking there T&C way out of proportion.

If the same is to apply to Autopia delivery, you will be left with more than £25 charge, if not claimed it would be sent back and your left with diddly squat!

Give UK firms a chance for peats sake :angry:

I have given UK companies a chance !! For over 30 years !! Still no improvement in attitude so why should I give them my money?

Sorry - I know I'm probably a minority of one but it's my money and I choose where it's spent !! As soon as I see a different philosophy adopted by UK suppliers I'll be the first at their door ordering and singing their praises !! :huh:

The Ed

Sorry you had it that bad.

I buy alot of stuff from abroad, only due to the fact its not available here.

I will be buying from both CSS and Autopia, i didn't start this post for a slagging match, and CSS got slagged before anyone gave them a chance!

I will be buying from both CSS and Autopia, i didn't start this post for a slagging match, and CSS got slagged before anyone gave them a chance!

Oiioiiiiioooo

I never slagged them off, I was just pointing out their T&C's which most people will often not read and then get into trouble later.

I still think 25 quid is excessive for the re-delivery cost though (I am not saying it should be free, just it seems to be five times more expensive than the original postage cost iirc.)

Oiioiiiiioooo

I never slagged them off, I was just pointing out their T&C's which most people will often not read and then get into trouble later.

I still think 25 quid is excessive for the re-delivery cost though (I am not saying it should be free, just it seems to be five times more expensive than the original postage cost iirc.)

£25 will be due to the fact the courier will deliver back to the sender, charge put on there account.

Then charge to resend it, plus all the packaging its reasonable to me.

We don't charge that much, i bite the bullet and loose few £pounds, however stuff like this has only ever happened once for me.

:)

Sorry but i think a majorty of UK business is poor.

I cannot count how many times i have made a mail order and it screws up... either by the sender or the courier. I pay my money on the dot but some wally in an office screws the order.

The americans have it spot on.. good customer service!

I have just had an order from Autopia,and arrived within 5 days,so will continue to use them,I think they work out a bit cheaper

I agree Peter - Providing you buy in bulk, Autopia works out cheaper. Plus their service is second to none! The quickest I have received a shipment from them is just 4 days :D

I rest my case guys !!

Another one to try is here. I have used them and can recommend them.

ONCE I had a short order from them - nothing major just one item left out. I e-mailed and explained. I got an e-mail back within 15 minutes with an apology.

No, "Are you sure it's not in the box?"

No, "Have you checked all the packaging?"

No, " Well we always make sure our orders are double checked before we go out"

Just a very curteous reply with an apolgy and assurance that the missing item would be sent out express international post at their expense. Three days later the item turned up as promised with a compliments slip AND two free quality microfiber buffing towels as a 'sorry' !! Now THAT'S customer service and a lesson many UK companies could learn from - but alas of course.... they won't !!

The Ed

Oiioiiiiioooo

£25 will be due to the fact the courier will deliver back to the sender, charge put on there account.

Then charge to resend it, plus all the packaging its reasonable to me.

We don't charge that much, i bite the bullet and loose few £pounds, however stuff like this has only ever happened once for me.

:)

I think that 25 is quite reasonable that is fairly standard accross the board...that is RE-delivery, many others if your not in for a delivery, if a courier service then its return to sender, and you have to sort it out.

Ed i must that does sound like great service, i normally give a company 2 chances and then i kick the boot in right were it hurts. i will give these guys a try and see what they are like, gonna double check some prices first though. :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links