Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

35 Mpg But Leaking Window :)

I collected my 400h on Thurs 1 Sept from Lexus Newcastle(Who were very good) and drove 100+ miles home averaging around 60 mph on the A1 as I want to run it in carefully. I know that is a bit fast but I was harrased by lorries!

Anyway, I was delighted to get 35.5 MPG on that trip.

I have done about 250 miles so far and am averaging 34 mpg, on country roads nixed with slow moving traffic for 20 minutes running entirely on Battery.

I also did a couple of test bursts of acceleration which was really impressive.

I am delighted with the performance which I think is great!

BUT we had our first rain today since I got it and am shocked to sind water leaking in past the seal on the drivers side rear fixed window over the rear wing. There is now a faint water stain on the cream upholstery. I have booked it in for Wed to have it sorted.

Has anyone else had any windows leaking?

OTHERWISE I am DELIGHTED. It is the best car I have ever had...so far !!! :)

Sorry to hear you have had a leak - none here, thankfully!  Hope you get sorted.

Thanks

Lexus Newcastle have offered to come 95 miles and take the car back to fix the leak, leaving me with a coutesy car. I am impressed!

BUT Lexus Bradford will be looking at it tomorrow so he may be able to fix it...

Sorry to hear you have had a leak - none here, thankfully!  Hope you get sorted.

Thanks

Lexus Newcastle have offered to come 95 miles and take the car back to fix the leak, leaving me with a coutesy car. I am impressed!

BUT Lexus Bradford will be looking at it tomorrow so he may be able to fix it...

Hi ya Bill, sorry to hear your experiancing leaks, hope you get it sorted, you don't normally get that with Lexus. Keep us informed what happens. Baz

Thanks

Hi ya Bill, sorry to hear your experiancing leaks, hope you get it sorted, you don't normally get that with Lexus. Keep us informed what happens. Baz

Thanks Baz.

Will do :)

Thanks

Thanks Baz.

Will do :)

Shaun and Christina at Lexus Bradford pointed out the leak was from a cover plate leaking where I had Lexus newcastle remove the roof rails. They said that it hadn't been sealed proerly around the bolt holes. They think it should be ok now that they sealed it.....We will see...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links